Visa Facilitators, who is who?

Check this out:
#GringoVisas Maite Duran

Some background
People's comments on Maite Duran services as Gringo Visas.

thecuencaillusion

Currently Maite Duran has 8 law suits against her and is going to court against an expat for libel on the 12th of this month.  Both Cuenca High Life and GringoTree have carried the story and it is on FaceBook.  Gringo Post (which has Maite Duran and Gringo Visas as an adveritser, declined to publish the story)

Susan_in_Ecuador wrote:

Currently Maite Duran has 8 law suits against her and is going to court against an expat for libel on the 12th of this month.  Both Cuenca High Life and GringoTree have carried the story and it is on FaceBook.  Gringo Post (which has Maite Duran and Gringo Visas as an adveritser, declined to publish the story)

Could you please post the FB link?

Hi everyone,

I don't think we'll keep this thread online, due to the different law suits against the quoted facilitator ...

Julien wrote:

Hi everyone,

I don't think we'll keep this thread online, due to the different law suits against the quoted facilitator ...

It might be good that new Expats know who is who. Let them read what is online, made public by others.

GMistral wrote:
Julien wrote:

It might be good that new Expats know who is who. Let them read what is online, made public by others.

There is a law on the books in Ecuador that forbids the criticism of visa facilitators.  An Expat could face serious penalties if violating the law.

So Julien is on the right track if he does close the thread.

Source:  Day In Quito Blog, managed by Expat Liliya Bykova

-- cccmedia

Closed