Research trip ahead of possible emigration to Mauritius

Hi,
My wife and I are looking to possibly move in a year or two to Mauritius after we retire here in the UK.
We are coming to the island at the end of January 2017 for 3 weeks to thoroughly explore the right places to live, check out possibilities for maybe setting up a business or seeing if there are any non exec roles in financial sector.  we both work in finance and real estate.
We have rented a house near Grand Bay for the 3 weeks as our base to epxlore
Any tips or guidance would be helpful

Hello Philip. You may want to have a look that the website of the Board of Investment.

http://www.investmauritius.com/

The Board of Investment (BOI) is the national investment promotion agency of the Government of Mauritius with the mandate to promote and facilitate investment in the country. It is the first point of contact for investors exploring business opportunities in Mauritius and the region. BOI also assists investors in the growth, nurturing and diversification of their business.

Hi. You should also look through the information on this website and some of the previous conversations on this topic.

I see you are staying in Grand Baie but you haven't said anything about what type of home environment  you are looking for and that could Influence where you want to be.

I am 61 and my wife 47.  children live and work in London.

do not need or want beech front living but like the north of the island from our previous visits.  a house with garden and pool and a bit of a view would be ideal.  inland is no problem and probably we would get more for our money.  we do not like "resort" type property

thanks for advice on BOI

Hello Philip
i have a property for rent in The North, advertised here.  It is a rather large house though, too big perhaps for a couple unless kids visiting.

thanks but we have a rental all lined up. it is just for the two of us.