Oman housing accommodation

Hi My name is Ranjan,

I have received a job offer from a construction company with family status. I have been offered SR 780 excluding accommodation, utility, transport allowance.
But company is offering me RO 380 as housing allowance which they want to pay directly to landlord instead of paying me with my salary. I would like to know whether i should negotiate that if there is more or less to RO 380 then what will happen. If it's less than RO 380 will they pay me the remaining amount??

Thanks

Hi ayushman,

Consider whatever would be your salary paid to you as your monthly income - nothing more, nothing less.

If the company has agreed to pay the property owner directly, then there is nothing further to it, for you. You would not be asked to pay anything extra from your salary towards rent (if the rent becomes more), or if the rent amount were lesser than what has been quoted, you would not be paid anything extra as well by your company.

There would be some formal contract between the property owner and your company. So obviously, your company would negotiate and strike a good deal definitely.

But what is the exact amount being paid, as rent by your company should be of no consequence to you as long as you are provided with a suitable accommodation at company cost.