Best Sights to See in Bangkok

Hello all! I am new(er) to Bangkok and I am looking for some cool places to visit that are lesser known and less touristy. I love parks, temples, museums...really anything. Preferably somewhere I can get to by BTS. Any suggestions are most welcome!
Thanks!!

Hi,

Have you ever been to Wat Saket? I love this place because there's not a lot of tourist here and mostly are Thai. You can checkout my blog about it. Enjoy!

tasteoflifebymb.com/2017/01/exploring-wat-saket-golden-mountain/

Thanks! I will check it out.

If a zoo is of interest the Dusit Zoo is nice for once being a nature reserve, nearly 100 years ago, so it's a good bit greener then the rest of the city, and of course not expensive.  It's not right beside a BTS station but it's not so far from Victory Monument or walking over from the nearest Express ferry is workable (Thevej), more on the ferry here:

http://www.chaophrayaexpressboat.com/en/home/

Transportation itself wouldn't be interesting but if you are new here looking into where other forms of transportation go might be helpful.  I've not taken the khlong (canal) boats but that sounds cool, if one went somewhere of interest:

http://www.transitbangkok.com/

Rama 9 park (also called Suan Luang park) is the nicest I've seen in Bangkok, but the hardest to get to, all the way over on Srinakarin road nearly out to Ikea.  The next nicest is Rot Fai park (in my judgement), and they rent bikes there for next to nothing.  It's close to Mo Chit, on the other side of the main park that's beside JJ market there, so close walking over from the BTS wouldn't take long.  It was an old golf course so it covers some space.

The convention centers have unusual shopping theme events that might be worth looking into, but those have to relate to a subject of interest or they'd not be worthwhile.  I'm really into tea, for example, so I went to a tea related version once, and organic foods events overlap with that, and I've been to them related to kid's goods and electronics.

I have kids so I've been to museums but nothing too impressive.  I've been to a couple of natural science theme museums, one that covered dinosaur theme, and a better one that has a planetarium, with an English language day mid-week.  But they're a little limited and rough, perhaps better for kids.

If you are into tea I'm the right person to cover how that might go, but if not it would be a waste.  Walking around Chinatown might still be interesting but it's not a dressed-up tourist-destination version of one, more like a wholesale shops center, but still interesting.  The Hua Lampung MRT station lets off at the one edge of it, or again a Chao Phyra ferry would get you close enough to walk a couple blocks to the main part, along Yaowarat road.  The small shops are mostly along an alley one block over from Yaowarat, but they may not be what you'd hope to find, mostly normal things set up as wholesale outlets.

Thank you for this! Really helpful! I keep hearing about Rama 9 park so I will be sure to check that out along with some of the other places you mentioned.