NEW SCHOOL PROJECT FOR ENGLISH SPEAKING KIDS IN MARRAKECH

Hi,

what do you mean by having your children in Academy, would you tell me what this is...I have 2 boys aged 11 and 13 and are needing to decided which curriculum we are going to follow...what you mention sounds interesting,

thank you

joanna

I think they really referring to the Thinking Words Academy. My twins started there last year.  So far so good.  You can google them, they have an English website.

Oh, I see, it is a homeschooling curriculum...is that right...
are there many homeschoolers in Marrakech...are you homeschooling

best wishes

joanna

Yes homeschooling curriculum  but school environment.  Most teachers are from the UK or Europe.  It's nice establishment.

Oh I see...where is it...and what language is the main teaching in...do you know who I would contact to find out more

i am so grateful thank you

joanna

I just saw your message above ..i will google them

It's an English school so the main language is English.  If you type the school name in google and visit their website they have contact details there.

yes, I have just emailed them, thank you very much...

You're  very welcome.  If you have any other questions feel free to ask

Hi, that's great I'm in let me know when is the next meeting or contact me on ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi,

I hope you are well..I have tried to contact the school but with no luck, I wondered if you could send me the address of the school, I know it is km5 rte ouzazarte, but I don't know more details..is it right on the road and easy to see...so I can pop down there tomorrow,

thank you so much

joanna

Hi
Were you talking about talking about thinking word academy ???
Well for this year we will focus on building up what was missed for this past 5 months (when they were at planète Montessori), they need to catch up. Next year we will start with the WES program . For this time I am going to pay Around 3500dhs/month for each kid (I have 2)

Hope that helps
Cheers

Hi Joanna

What school you need to visit ?? Our one no body really knows about it really we just started 2 weeks ago. Please let me know so if I know about this school , I will show u were it is.
Here is my phone , feel free to call me ***

Cheers

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

My family and I have been living here for about one year. MOST of the schools are businesses and ran as such. My husband is a certified teacher in the states and after noticing how far behind our daughter was in comparison to others in her class back at home we took her out of her private school and placed her on****** which is an online school in America. It was free throuh our state and she was assigned to a class just like being back at home. To be honest she learns more on the online form than in real class back in the states because she is getting one on one help. This is through your state. Anyhow if you're American and want more info to help your kids stay on top of their work without suffering the costs. Check out ***** I can give more info as to how we got it for free. Obviously this is for Americans but I noticed there is an international option as well.

If other parents join ***** and want to come together to give our kids a school environment let me know. I really believe in  the system. It is part of our public school system , and the upside is not 25 kids per teacher. Our tax dollars are really working.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please recommend in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Imtiaz.
Are you still in Marrakech looking for an English school? Plz contact me if you need help. We have created our own homeschooling project, we can help you.
Cheers
Ihsan

Hello Ihsan,

I'm looking for a school or educational group for a Year 7 (UK) student in Marrakech.

I'm also an ESOL Teacher.

Let me know how things are going.

Jeanette.

That sounds really interesting, can you please message me the name of your online school? We are looking for homeschooling curriculum for our 6 year old. Do you have to be a resident of the state? We are from IL, the way  our state online school operates doesn't work for us, so we had to leave it out.

Hi there,
I'm thinking of coming back out to Marrakech to live.
I am currently in the UK and my little girl is 6.
Did you guys set up the "group" home schooling project and if so, how's it going?

I just priced up the Thinking Academy at approx £400 per month which probably isn't affordable when I first come out.

Look forward to hearing from you

Sally
x

Hi Sally

Sorry this project has been dissolved and I am returning back to UK next month because of schooling issues in Marrakech. There is Clair a lady who has a homeschooling project but far outside Marrakech and it s more than 400£ a month . I don t recommend thinking world academy . Wishing good luck really
Ihsan

Hello,
Thank you for the information that you provided for the online schools for American kids. It doesn't show the name  would you please provide me with the information?
Thank you so much

Hi
I know an online British one not American . They are so good and recognised too . Wolsey hall Oxford are very good. Otherwise if you are going to do it yourself, you can back it up with www.time4learning.com very interactive
Wishing you best of luck
Ihsan

Thank you so much for your response
It is very nice of you

Hello Everybody,

I recently moved to Marrakech with my wife.  We have two boys, 9 and 14 years.  We are looking for an English School in or around Marrakech.  So far we have been unsuccessful.

Can anyone help??

Hi
It is a struggle for English schooling in Marrakech . I am returning back to UK just because of schooling issues. There is the American school , they have now IB but it s pretty expensive . It all depends on your budget . Otherwise I highly recommend Wolsey hall Oxford homeschooling program , they are so professional and it will be cheaper than the American school. I know a good English teacher who is now homeschooling my child but only for the 9 years old boy. Feel free to call me back in case you need further details 0614315443

Cheers
Ihsan

Thank you "ibens" for your input.  I must say my wife and I are little bit concerned about schooling our boys. 

Do you know a good English teacher as well as a Maths and Science teacher to homeschool our children?

Many thanks.

The problem here is it s hard to find English speakers who can teach maths and sciences . For English I know a good one her name is miss Justine 0697087443.  I heard then next year the British school will open in targa. For your 14 years old son , there is no option but the American school, because in that age they are advanced in studies, maths, sciences , history , social studies etc...
Take care
Ihsan

Both my children are at Thinking Words Academy.  It is an academy based "Route de Ouarzazate" which follows the English Curriculum.   

It was very tricky for us and the children because we arrived from England right in the middle of the academic year and yet they have both flourished there.  We have always found the academic support structure of the highest order at TWA.  The amount of activities and sports available has also been very important to my children and their ethos of participation and inclusion is excellent.  There have more than 50 children from all over the world with more than 11 or 12 nationalities.  So for my children it was excellent to be exposed to all these different cultures.

The greatest advantage at TWA is that they offer both WES Homeschooling and Oxford Homeschooling.  So I really believe that Thinking Words Academy is worth a shot if you want your children to follow a British Education.

It's really good to know that Thinking Words Academy offer WES & Oxford HOMESCHOOLING.  I am familiar with both. Could you please tell me where is TWA exactly?  Do you have a contact number? What about their teachers? Are they native speakers?

I would be grateful if you could assist me with this.

Many thanks.

Colin

Hi there!!

I would be grateful if you could give me the details for Claire and her homeschooling project.

Many thanks.

Colin

Hi ibens, I hope you are well; I am interested to know a little more about the new school in Targa if you have more info? Much appreciated. Jamel

I am moving to Marrakech this next summer and I am an English teacher 👩‍🏫 here in Indianapolis Indiana USA 🇺🇸. I also have two daughters 11 and 7 who will need school. I would love to be part of this project. Please contact me if you have any updates please. My email is [email protected] Thank you 🙏🏻

French is one of the two prestige languages of Morocco, and is often used for business, diplomacy, and government. if you are looking to settle in Morocco then the french is the way.  I saw many British in Spain  creating their own world then they get hit with the old age and now  the Brexit.  Never tried to integrate and learn Spanish .

Certified English Teacher with d TEFL/TESOL Certification is so expensive for the school.

American Academy Casablanca (AAC)  Tuition Rates: 70,000 - 110,000 MAD per year
George Washington Academy (GWA)  Tuition Rates: 46,800 - 108,100 MAD per year
American School of Marrakesh (ASM) Tuition Rates: 64,700 - 90,400 MAD per year

Morocco is more retirement destination for foreigners especially attractive for people with lower income levels due to the low cost of living in all aspects (property, food, transportation) ..

Every parent has the duty to provide his or her children with the basic necessities of life, including food, clothing, and shelter and education ..

if you cannot  afford their education in morocco or switch to french system, then it is better to send back home.

Even I am native  of Morocco, I  was not able to come back for those reasons  from USA.
they are now at the university then my job will be done .

Hi  i would love to have some info about this lovely new project. My girl is englisch speaking .
Regards

Innocent question... but what is wrong with the schools in Marrakesh that the local kids go to?  Why can't your kids learn Arabic especially if they are small?

Also if someone could afford a "good school" in the UK ... why could they not afford a private school in Morocco?

I have met many students in Canada that went to school in Morocco in small and big cities and the education system does not seem that bad.  It is actually seems good.  A lot stricter too.  I have many people that I know from Morocco that go to regular Moroccan schools that are Engineers, doctors and lawyers.  They read in write in numerous languages too.

I assumed if you left your country to work in Morocco you are getting paid well, so I am a bit confused as to why that is not enough to cover the cost of education in Morocco in a private school?

Being multilingual is a skill in it's self.  I am surprised someone would not want to really want to take advantage of that vs skills that can be picked up at a later time.

I send my daughter for Morocco for a month or 2 each year just to improve her communication skills.  I had her in classes to learn Arabic and it was not really getting through.  I had her there for a month just playing and interacting with other kids and now she is able to hold conversations with people.  This is a skills that will be extremely valuable.  Most other things can be picked up.

Hi Ihsan,

We are a young family from Canada and we will be staying in Marrakech from April 20th - July 4th and are interested in enrolling our children into some schooling while we are here. We have 5 children but 3 of them are school aged (4, 6, and almost 8 years old).

Please provide some more information on your schooling project and if you have space available.

Thanks,

Ammar

Hi, I read your proposal and I'm very interested. However have you guys thought of operating at one of the homes of an expat and offering home schooling until a suitable venue is found. I'm looking to move to Morroco with my family and was thinking of home schooling my daughters because private schooling is rather expensive.
An idea to start the kids with in the interim till a venue has been sourced.

All the best.

Regards,
Whafa

Good afternoon

My name is Mark Vernon and I am a South African living in Marrakech. My baby boy is 2 years and 4 months old and I am looking for an english pre school for him to attend. He doesn't have much contact with english speaking folk except his Mommy and me when I am home so his development is a little slow as result.

I would appreciate it if you do have some information on english pre schools.

Regards

Mark Vernon

do you need a home tutor??? otherwise see with the american school marrakesh

Hello, for your child you have a British structure named: thinking words academy they started at 2 years old and half.

look on their website

ML

I feel the same as you do. I'm planning to move to Morocco and I'm looking for a job to teach English. Let me know how I can help with your project.