Saudi Permanent Birth Certificate Issue

My wife was born in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia in 1987 and is a citizen of India. She has her temporary Birth Certificate issued from the ministry as well as a certificate issued from the Consulate General of India in Saudi Arabia.
As we cannot travel to Saudi Arabia and request the Ministry of Interior (Civil Affairs) to issue us one, we are looking for someone to help us issue a permanent birth certificate from the Government of Saudi Arabia.
The Saudi Embassy in the United States has stated that this work can only be done in Saudi Arabia.

Can someone please point me to an attorney/agent who can help with this?

Temp birth certificate?? never heard of those. She should be given official birth certificate if she was born in Jeddah, were here parents on Umrah or visit when she was born ? That could be reason for temp birth certificate...hmmm

Hello saudibrth,

Welcome to Expat.com!

You can check the Legal services in Saudi Arabia section for more information.

Cheers,
Jaisan ;)

hamudi wrote:

Temp birth certificate?? never heard of those. She should be given official birth certificate if she was born in Jeddah, were here parents on Umrah or visit when she was born ? That could be reason for temp birth certificate...hmmm

Procedures were different a few years back @hamudi.
Everyone born here used to get a provisional birth certificate initially. Then after completion of one year, authorities issued permanent birth certificate on seeing baby's vaccination records.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
hamudi wrote:

Procedures were different a few years back @hamudi.
Everyone born here used to get a provisional birth certificate initially. Then after completion of one year, authorities issued permanent birth certificate on seeing baby's vaccination records.

1987 is few years back? dude, I swear I had to call my dad because this is funny what you said about provisional birth certificate and he confirmed that me and siblings who are born from 70s to 80s were given perma birth certificate at birth...

habibi,
With all due respect to what your dad said - My son was born in 2004 and I got a provisional birth certificate then. After a year, I had to go and get a permanent one.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

habibi,
With all due respect to what your dad said - My son was born in 2004 and I got a provisional birth certificate then. After a year, I had to go and get a permanent one.

My nephews born in different years ranging from 1999-2007 all received birth certificate immediately within a week no provisional issued...so seriously this is not making sense.

Friends daughters/son born  ranging from 2012-2016 up until recently they received it a few months after due to absher wait and all that nonsense , no one waited for one year. max I was told 4 months.

Up until now, I just checked with my colleague - Indian national had daughter born last month and he booked appointment through Absher which he'll get BC after 3 months, his last child born also in 2013 received it with few months.

Regardless, OP is talking about 1987, the BC were issued immediately back in those days.

Yup. My experience and the OP's case is also reality.

Hi @hamudi,

Yes, We had the birth certificate converted to English and it says that this is a pre vaccination temporary birth certificate. A permanent would be issues after one year and proof of vaccinations.
Her father was working in a hospital at that time.

Thanks

Jaisan wrote:

Hello saudibrth,

Welcome to Expat.com!

You can check the Legal services in Saudi Arabia section for more information.

Cheers,
Jaisan ;)

Thanks Jaisan,

I will repost in that section.

I think for anything like your case where you can't travel back to process her BC, you have to find someone to do it on your behalf.

Make sure you send an authorization letter, copies of the provisional receipts, valid identifications (both parties) and paying of necessary fees.

Is there no one from your wife's side to do that or maybe her family has some relatives/friends who are still here?

Am not really sure about my suggestions but just trying to help🙂

conniesky wrote:

I think for anything like your case where you can't travel back to process her BC, you have to find someone to do it on your behalf.

Make sure you send an authorization letter, copies of the provisional receipts, valid identifications (both parties) and paying of necessary fees.

Is there no one from your wife's side to do that or maybe her family has some relatives/friends who are still here?

Am not really sure about my suggestions but just trying to help🙂

Hi conniesky,
This was way back in '87 and their family left in the early 90s.

I would have made a trip to Saudi, but as they do not issue tourist visas, I have no option left but to get some attorney involved.

Thanks

I see.

I will try to ask around come Sunday and get back to you.

conniesky wrote:

I see.

I will try to ask around come Sunday and get back to you.

Thank yo. Any help or direction that you can provide would be great !

Will you able to find a solution for your case?. Ian in the same situation and I'm in desperate  need for help.

Thank you!

I also have the same problem. I was born in Riyadh Saudia and have a temporary birth certificate from hospital. Dont know how i am able to obtain my Birth certificate as currently i am living in uae.

Hi,

Did you find a way to get the permanent birith certificate.?

Hello. Did you manage to get permanent birth certificate issued? I am also in same case, I have a temporary birth certificate/birth announcement and need to get a permanent one. Can you help me out?

You should take an online appointment for ahwal al madani. then go there with this temporary birth certificate and the required documents mentioned online. they will replace the temporary one with permanent one birth certificate.

The thing is that I live in Pakistan, and came here at very early age and never went back. That is why I am looking for someone on my behalf who can get this birth certificate for me (from Tabuk, Saudi Arabia). Can you help me out?

That should be your parent take the original birth Certificate from Ahwal Almadaniyah after you completed 1 year vaccination as of MOH required at that time.

Hi, Did anyone find the solution for this?
Hello, has anyone successfully retrieved their original birth certificates?