Appeal of MVV

I got a NO from ind coz my marriage certificate was not legalised.
I have now decided to use a lawyer after a waiting of 3 months then got a rejection. Anyone who has had to appeal after a rejection from ind?

Welcome on board  :cheers:

As far as I know the Dutch government acknowledge only legalised documents.
It doesn't matter in what cases: registration of foreign marriage. birth, divorce, death or applying MVV.
This is also explained on the websites of the all departments.

I do not quite understand why you want to hire a lawyer. Just to make the appeal? To get the documents legalised?
It's best to contact the IND, do you have to start the whole procedure again or is just submitting the right documents enough?

Good luck!

It will certainly be a lot cheaper to just re-apply with the correct documentation.

I thought it better to use a lawyer maybe the waiting period will be shorter and will get legal advice where applicable.
Advice

Waibo wrote:

I thought it better to use a lawyer maybe the waiting period will be shorter and will get legal advice where applicable.
Advice

My opinion; you already know what's wrong - you didn't supply a "legalised marriage certificate".  The requirement to provide a legalised document comes from the Hague Convention 1961, it basically helps governments recognise and accept one another's documents as long as the signature has been verified.  Normally, this can only be carried out by the issuing Government.  You are a Kenyan, so assuming you got married in Kenya, you need to contact whoever in the Kenyan Government provides this service.

A lawyer is not going to add much value to what you can do yourself; but it's up to you.

Thanks I have legalised and sent it. So waiting starts again. How long does it take for appeal to go through?
Any idea?
Thanks

Waibo wrote:

Thanks I have legalised and sent it. So waiting starts again. How long does it take for appeal to go through?
Any idea?
Thanks

Sorry, never experienced that (never been in your situation); hopefully somebody who has will post something.

Best of luck in your journey. :)

the waiting period always depends on how the bureaucracy goes. If they are busy, can take a bit long.
Lesson : do always follow the rules.
Maybe meanwhile you can study dutch?

Thank you. 😚

Doing exactly that Nederlands leren

Anyone who has experienced an appeal waiting of MVV please?

Kools wrote:

Anyone who has experienced an appeal waiting of MVV please?

Hi Kools and welcome to the Forum. :)

Perhaps a good start would be to explain your circumstances and what happened to lead to your appeal?

If you would rather not, that's fine, but then all we can say is you are dealing with a bureaucracy and a lot of people (including a lot of asylum seekers) are trying to emigrate to the Netherlands at the moment.

I got a No from ind after 3 months waiting coz my marriage certificate was not legalised. Now I legalised it and have given them a copy and registered my marriage in NL which is now registered. Then they say they are waiting for my hubby payslips to prove the contract is genuine which it is. Still waiting don't know for how long.
I don't know how many months payslips do they want.
Anyone ever gone through this?

Hi Kools - if the IND have requested copies of payslips, but you don't know how many, perhaps it's better to ask.  Just to add, they don't mean just Dutch payslips, documents from all previous employment is applicable.  They are basically checking that your husband can and has supported you without recall to the state.

If you don't have any payslips, then it's best to tell them; there may be perfectly legitimate reasons for you not having them.

Hi Cynic,
They specifically want for the month of January as my hubby contract started on January so I think once we send them by end of month all will be well.
They had for the previous past 6 months for last year's contract but they insisted for a contract without terms which my hubby had qualified for at his work place so they had no problem to give it to him.
Thank you for your concern.
Kools

Yeah - doesn't help that many contracts nowadays are only for 12-months at a time.

I sent all documents for the appeal am still waiting for the outcome again. Anyone with an idea on how long it takes for them to reply?

Kools wrote:

I sent all documents for the appeal am still waiting for the outcome again. Anyone with an idea on how long it takes for them to reply?

Try phoning them +31 88 0430 430 from abroad.

Just to add - it says they have 19 weeks to respond to appeals.

Oke...thank you...😘

That's quite a long time for this kind of waiting but alles komt goed.

hi kools what do u mean ur waitng for YES? i think its normally is only for 3month if ur both papers are complete but if u have a little problem of your papers mybe its more than 1 month again to wait or better try to always call them to follow up about your problem.

hey Bether,
thank you for your concern.
i thank God i got the reply and its positive.
thank you

wooow good gefeliciteerd! and fo me i starting now for NT2 i hope i can pass this.haha

you definately will make it...trust God He is more than able

Hello. Congratulations for getting a positive advice! :)

If you don't mind me asking, did you call IND if you have all the documents and if you are not lacking any documents for your application? I am also in the process of getting an MVV and I am told that I do not need my documents legalized.

(My documents are from Japan and Philippines and is applying from Japan.)

Thank you

My dear all documents must be legalised.

Hello! I read you are still waiting for response? My mvv was filed 9th aug and we received the response 20th sept. 6weeks after. Maybe u just need to be patient.. where will u be staying in nl? Would be nice to be in touch!

Hello, congrats on the positive advice from the IND.
I am curious, how do they communicate the positive answer via post only. Or both via the mijn overheid and a post?