Americans moving to south africa

hi everyone:
looking for recommendations of communities, small and rural on the coast safe where people live in harmony.
any ideas?
we're self employed.
thank you.

Hi American expat2016 I would recommend Cape town for u

And I wouldn't recommend Cape Town. It had a higher crime rate than Joburg last year. Somewhere in the Garden Route is generally perceived as the safest, which is why so many South Africans retire there. Sedgefield,  Knysna, Brenton-on-Sea, George (depends on what area), Wilderness, Plettenburg Bay, then further along to Cape St. Francis, etc. Keep in mind these are basically retirement areas, so outside of holidays, the towns are pretty dead (oops, that sounds bad- pun not intended).  But if you're looking for somewhere relatively safe and scenic, those are good places to start.

thank you,

Good Evening,

I am a realtor with REMAX on the West Coast in Cape Town.
Cape Town is definitely not at all as bad as Johannesburg.  Our small town, Melkbosstrand has the lowest crime rate in the country and as we have the world renowed Atlantic Beach Golf Estate here, the property values are forever increasing, making this area a EXCELLENT investment choice.  I have just let a Beautiful home to a awesome American couple.  Who intend to purchase it.
Have a great evening!

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please register your business in the business directory. Thank you