Hotel musicians looking for work Feb 2017

Hi all,

My husband and and I are moving to Vietnam in February 2017 and we plan to live and work there for a few years. We are professional musicians (both jazz/classical singers & my husband plays the piano) and we hope to find work as resident hotel musicians very soon after arriving. Does anybody know of any hotels that might be looking for a jazz/ acoustic duo? In terms of location we're flying into Ho Chi Minh but we don't mind basing ourselves somewhere else.

Thanks in advance ;)

Hi abcrosc,

I don't know for sure if you could find some jobs as resident musicians at hotels as you wish; however, tentatively you could apply for playing music at some cafeterias, restaurants which join mainly expats with certain rate of salary per performance. As you don't mind the location, I think Da Nang would be a destination of consideration as this city is tourist-oriented in its development so opportunities would be biggers and better than those of Ho Chi Minh City. Wish you and your husband luck ^^

Hi Singuyen,

I really appreciate your advice, thank you. We were actually thinking of heading to Da Nang anyway so that is very good to know.

All the best!