Long term rentals Valencia

Hi

I am struggling to find Agents or landlords who respond to emails, looking for a long term rental in Gandia or Xeraca, if anyone can recommend helpful Agents would be appreciated.

Thank you

I'm not surprised. Trying to contact lots of "organisations" by email seems to be a lost cause. When I complained to someone in a bank that they hadn't responded to my email the chap checked his computer, saw the message there and said "I'm far too busy to bother with emails." It's getting better though. If there is something you fancy and you can handle the Spanish a phone call will almost certainly work better and it may mean that your emails get read.

I guess that you are trying some of the popular sites like idealista, fotocasa, milanuncios and vibbo.

If you're going through estate agents and you can check when the website was last updated that may give you a clue as to who is doing electronic business and, stereotypical as it may sound, I think the Brit agencies tend to be faster on the email front.

Just to say that, in my experience, if you turn up at an estate agent in the area that you want to rent in and walk into the office it won't take you long to get something sorted out. I think the longest it has ever taken me, and I've rented six different flats in the last dozen years, is three days. I've never liked having to stump up three months rent at one go, knowing that one of the payments is for the agent, but I suppose that's why it works quite quickly, an easy profit for them.

Obviously that's not much use if you are trying to do it from a distance!

Best of luck. I hope someone knows a good agent.

Thank you, I am in Valencia already but work 10 until 7pm daily so unless they open on a Saturday it's difficult. Would prefer a private landlord but that seems unlikely !

To be honest changed my mind about Valencia but appreciate your reply.