2016 - want to move to Thailand and get work there!

Hi everyone, I'm Chris, I'm 26 and a fully qualified electrician from Liverpool, England. I have over ten years experience, and I am looking or wanting to live in Thailand, I have no knowledge on how to get a job or place to stay, all I know is I come to Thailand every year and have been coming for 5 years. I am coming back end of Feb but any details on jobs or where to look or who to contact for work please let me know... thank you. Never stop working towards your dreams. Sunrise sunsets daily 2k17 let it be my year x

I believe there was a thread called looking for work. One of the members quote several of the regulations. I believe that one of the regulations was that no foreigner can work at a job that a Thai could, or something to that effect. If you were to get contract work, while not in Thailand that may cover you. Sorry to say but there are many people in your position and the Thai government has a problem with their own unemployment. Perhaps someone else could provide some additional suggestions for you.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : inappropriate comment

Agreed with some of the information.

Thailand is not an ideal place for a young professional to begin a carrier.

I have been there on holidays a couple of time but never noticed animal cruelty, probably in many countries where I spend time, I have seen worst human and children cruelty. :sosad:

Unfortunately, prostitution, scams, taking foreigners for a ride has been a part of Thai tourism culture for decades, hopefully things would improve with a higher level of industrialization and improved education.

You too don't have a clue really, so short sighted, there is cruelty everywere in the world, some gets noticed more in other places. Like there is good an evil everywhere you go.

Thailand is a beautiful place, beautiful beaches an lots of chilled out relaxed people. I've Ben going for five years.... and it beats working a 7-5 day in the freezing cold rain paying taxes that you don't even see.

Paradise island I will be with you soon 🌴☀️

Thailand is both good and bad. It's a matter of what or how you are going to deal with Thailand. Enough said.

Hi Chrismc118,

In case that you are still looking for information about jobs, here are some additional information about work in Thailand : https://www.expat.com/en/guide/asia/tha … _work.html

And you are right, never stop working towards your dream.  :par:

All the best,

Priscilla  :cheers: