Where is there a good hardware store on North Coast?

We have a decent hardware store in Cabrera "el Palacio" BUT they have the crappiest quality screws, ankers, etc. Is there somewhere with high quality stuff between Sosua and Las Terrenas?

I would suggest you to visit Ferreteria Linares in Cabarete, or Ferreteria Pappaterra in Sosua unless you want to come to Puerto Plata where you'll find Deposito Ferretero, Ferreteria Frank Felipe, Ferreteria San Antonio, and others...pretty sure at Ferreteria Linares you'll find decent quality tools, equipment and materials.

I agree with GTLegal on his two suggestions.  Also Next to Lunaris is Freddy's and he can order stuff as well.  We just bought a new sink from him at a much cheaper cost.

Bob K

My husband drove to every ferrerteria from Nagua to Sosua (not sure he got as far as Puerto Plata) looking for high quality electrical twist wire connectors, shelf brackets and decent quality wall anchors to no avail.  He ended up getting them in Santo Domingo.  Very frustrating.  Also, we found that so called 'experts' in electrical systems woefully undersize their wire connections! But, I'm happy to report we have a batter back up system.  4 x 6 volt 235 amp hr batteries on a true sine dual phase inverter for the price of about US $2000.  Not bad, I think.

The mayor hardware stores are found in the mayor cities. They include:

SANTO DOMINGO
Ferreteria Americana
Almancenes Unidos

SANTIAGO
Ochoa
Bellon

I agree if you can't find it on the north coast then head to Santiago, This is much closer to you than Santo Domingo

Bob K