TRC WITH work permit. Given DN instead?

I have been reading the sticky, but, specifically, it is meant for those without work permits.

I was wondering if anyone had the latest on those visas issued to people with work permits.

My friend said he was issued a Temporary resident certificate at the same time he received his work permit (for free) some years back.

Anyhow, the corrupt, thieving scum immigration officials have issued me a 1 year visa DN - more like a business or contract worker visa, which , as i understand it; you can only work on for 3 months.

The only possible reason I can see for this is the scum immigration police charge me 150$ plus a 1million dong bribe and get to do the same thing next year instead of getting me the much cheaper/ free? TRC. Of course this makes bank accounts , driving licences and Brit Council training harder/ impossible. They have truly screwed me over, even, apparently breaking Vietnam's own immigration laws that they r supposed to be enforcing just so they can steal more money from me.

What recourse do u think I have. What would u do in my situation?

In the other thread, someone mentioned u now had to have lived in VN for 3 years before u can get the temporary residence cert. Surely, even by the standards of asian logic: they cant expect u to stay here illegally for 3 years before they will legally allow u to stay?????'t

Can this be a sticky just like all the other visa advice? There must be many people in the same situation or soon to be...

Thaiger wrote:

I have been reading the sticky, but, specifically, it is meant for those without work permits.

I was wondering if anyone had the latest on those visas issued to people with work permits.

My friend said he was issued a Temporary resident certificate at the same time he received his work permit (for free) some years back.

Anyhow, the corrupt, thieving scum immigration officials have issued me a 1 year visa DN - more like a business or contract worker visa, which , as i understand it; you can only work on for 3 months.

The only possible reason I can see for this is the scum immigration police charge me 150$ plus a 1million dong bribe and get to do the same thing next year instead of getting me the much cheaper/ free? TRC. Of course this makes bank accounts , driving licences and Brit Council training harder/ impossible. They have truly screwed me over, even, apparently breaking Vietnam's own immigration laws that they r supposed to be enforcing just so they can steal more money from me.

What recourse do u think I have. What would u do in my situation?

In the other thread, someone mentioned u now had to have lived in VN for 3 years before u can get the temporary residence cert. Surely, even by the standards of asian logic: they cant expect u to stay here illegally for 3 years before they will legally allow u to stay?????'t

Get rid of the thinking that everybody want to steal your money first. Relax. The police did not do anything illegal here.

The police can only issue a TRC for you if YOU apply for one, AFTER having a work permit. Your company must submit an application for a TRC to him, then he has the chance to review it, consider it, approve it and issue a TRC to you. And a TRC is not free, it cost USD$145-155 for each.

There is no way a work permit and a TRC can be issued in the same time, cause the application for a TRC requires a notarised copy of the current work permit.

You do not have to stay in Vietnam for any certain period to apply for a TRC. Actually, at least 1 day, so that your landlord can register you to the local police, then you can apply for a TRC immediately.

I have  2 Year work contract, 2 year work permit. THEN I(/ my company) applied for a TRC. Was given a Dn visa instead.......... when my boss phoned them they apparently had """""never heard of a temporary residence certificate""""".............

To top it off; the labour department seemed to think returning my original stamped, certified, translated documents was unnecessary - they still haven't returned one. Incredible that a government department that would no doubt insist on the red-stamped original themselves don't think it necessary to return the costly original to the owner.

I appreciate your help Khanh, but

"The police can only issue a TRC for you if YOU apply for one, AFTER having a work permit. Your company must submit an application for a TRC to him, then he has the chance to review it, consider it, approve it and issue a TRC to you. And a TRC is not free, it cost USD$145-155 for each."

In the 1st sentence, you say I must apply in person. In the 3rd sentence, you state that my company must apply............

Also, just out of curiousity, are fake documents (even work permits??!!) so prevalent that work permits issued by the labour department in English and Vietnamese need notarisation???

anyhow, normal notarisations here take 30 mins and 30k dong, so that not a prob.

In the first sentence I meant there must be a dossier from your side (you and your company). In the second sentence I addressed the procedure in detail in which the company, as the sponsor, must sign on documents and submit it. Sorry if its unclear.

Yes you must submit a notarisation copy as required by law.