Adventures, pitfalls, and finding an oasis

I quote:  Not that I have never been guilty of the same as I certainly have, but since this is a sticky thread on a topic of importance maybe we should keep our gripes about not being able to find medical supplies and friends off this thread and either find an appropriate thread or start a new one. by THIGV, December 28, 2016

Old data (on this issue) is no longer relative to new reality, so I ask new question in a new historical environment.

1.  Medical supplies.  CPAP, which is the only known treatment for APNEATICS are incredibly overpriced on this continent.  I have no desire, or intent, to return to the USA for a variety of reasons.  Chief amongst them is the long long voyage without stretching.

2.  Association with people.

I am so very careful about meeting many people because I am wary of their lifestyles, or beliefs, to rub off onto me. 

My age gives me my own ideas and beliefs, and I do not plan to be altered.  Nor do I plan to alter any body else.

We are seeking, as we age, one or maybe two people whom we can trust.  Finding one would make us very blessed and rich men.

Then comes the concept of man meeting woman.

Can give headaches.

Can meet woman who has ulterior motives (like one friend in VN whose older sister says she is sending her son to the USA to find any girl, so that he can marry and be an immigration anchor for her.  She is looking for a way to emigrate to the USA so that she can go on welfare. She's married. 

Her belief system is the type that scares the tarnation out of me.  Do not need to know such a person.

So, what is next?

I have never been to Saigon, except for one quick night, about a decade ago.

DaNang, I never seem to meet a quality lady, single and interesting lady.

Not interested in older women.  Younger women are too young, so they say.

DaNang expats does not seem to be much about expats, mostly about one guy selling things to expats.

I am not interested in buying anything, from anybody.  Do not like being viewed as a target market.

Looking for ideas.  I am living alone, and get feel bored.

Went to several good restaurants, but normal women do not eat in them.  Most restaurants have male waiters, which is boring.

One which I like has a French Manager.  The staff speak to me, but the smoking manager told me off for speaking to his staff, even when they initiate conversations.  I'm not going back.

I do not want to go into a restaurant which is filled with male waiters.

I do not like smoking, and avoid smoking.  I prefer knowing before a smoker lights up that the place is allowing illegal smoking.  I always leave when people start smoking.

So, I feel a bit restricted in my movements.  I do not see older guys walking around with younger women, so I presume that such a thing does not happen in VN.  I see some guys with women whom I would not consider quality women.  Boring!

Well, what do you guys think about this adventure?

DaNangCity wrote:

Looking for ideas.  I am living alone, and get feel bored.

Given your apparent inflexibility, it is not surprising.

DaNangCity wrote:

Well, what do you guys think about this adventure?

Not much.

Tend to agree with Thigv.....and the situation will not be changing in the future either!

Yeah. Retiring as a Christian.