Hoover/Vacuum repair

Anyone know the best place to get a hoover repaired? We think we fried the motor after not emptying it for a while. Not sure if it can be repaired but rather try than just bin it and get a new one.

Saar/Janabiya area preferably...

TIA

Please keep in mind that, repair cost will be much more expensive than buying a new one in Bahrain  :( .

So, if my vacuum had same problem, I would never look for repair and directly buy a new one.

Once there was an extra noise on my TV's speaker system, I bought a new one, solved my problem and also saved BHD 20  ;)

thanks for the response mate. It's exactly what a guy in a shop we found said to us. So sad that we now have to throw out something just because it needs a new motor.

Yes, you didn't pay BHD 20 but future generations will pay a hell of a lot more than that for the throwaway society we created and support.

I had to throw away my home theatre, vacuum cleaner and a toaster :(:sosad:

Have you thought of trying to contact the company or fix it yourself? I had a Shark die on me in the states (the motor died that made the bristle part spin) and I contacted the company and they shipped out the part for free and I installed it (with help from youtube >.>)

Either way, part was free and saved my machine =]

I'm in the process of attempting that actually

Best is to take it the agents, if there is one in Bahrain.

Alternatively, you could try some repairs shops in Manama. One place I used to get applicances repaired is a place called "Kewalram". They had an outlet in Manama souq.

I would stay away from road side repair shops. Most of them fix things on a "trial and error" basis.

I agree about the cost future generations have to pay for our "throwaway and get a new one" practice. :(

Good luck and godspeed, man. =]

Hello! Same problem two years after. Did you manage to get your vacuum cleaner fixed? Many thanks

Very old thread, not sure if the anyone is active, i would suggest you ask around near manama souq as mentioned by Farhaz, or contact the place where you bought it from and ask for the whether they know if someone can fix it for you.

Hi, I went to

Al Fouz Service and they replaced my vacuum cleaner's broken part for only 6BD!

I was very happy not to throw it away and it works fine!

Mine is a Black & Decker. Not sure if they service other brands.

Al Fouz Service in Tubli.

Hi, I did go to Manama Souq to the Kevalram & Sons shop and they redirected me to Tubli, Al fouz shop. Thanks a lot for your help!

Thank you for the update.