Moving to Alex

Hello Everyone,

We are a small family of three, and looking to buy property in the north coast, it would be great if you could help us by giving us guidelines of what laws we should look into, would it be easy for foreigners to own a house? is there any taxes we have to pay on top of the permit? is there any websites that can help giving an inside look at the market? would it be safer to buy directly from property offices or should look for a mediate???

Thanks
Nora

Hello Nora,

First, you should to be very careful when you are checking the documents of  any property in Egypt, especially the ownership sequences , and please note that there are limits for foreigners ownership in Egypt by  virtue of law No. 230 of 1996.
The taxes of this transaction will be obligated on the seller, meanwhile it will be deducted and mention that in the sale agreement of you. Regarding searching for apartment, I recommend to contact professional brokers "entities" for this purpose.   

Best Regards,
Ahmad Hamza

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the proper section of the website : Housing in Alexandria
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

o
Thank you so much for taking time to replay, i will keep that i mind and also contact you for
detailed consultation.

My regards

ahmed_hammza wrote:

Hello Nora,

First, you should to be very careful when you are checking the documents of  any property in Egypt, especially the ownership sequences , and please note that there are limits for foreigners ownership in Egypt by  virtue of law No. 230 of 1996.
The taxes of this transaction will be obligated on the seller, meanwhile it will be deducted and mention that in the sale agreement of you. Regarding searching for apartment, I recommend to contact professional brokers "entities" for this purpose.   

Best Regards,
Ahmad Hamza