Life in Kampala.

Hello friends,

I'm new in this forum and want to know about lifestyle of Kampala. Basically I'm a sales and marketing guy having 8 years of experience in India and Oman. Recently I got an opportunity in kampala and wanted to know what will be a good salary to enjoy the life here. Thanks

Hi Sudipto,

UGX 3 to 5 million per month.

Francis thanks a lot friend. Can you able to tell me in details??? I mean accommodation, car, fuel, mobile expenses and basic salary...thanks in advance...

Hi Ghosh

You don't need that much - although you could easily spend it!

Generally, an expat will pay $200 to $2000 for accom. If single, you can get somewhere for $200 to 500 (small flat / shared house) etc.

Food shopping cheap.

Going out. Local beer is about $1 or 2. Buy cocktails or go new/expensive places and pay more...

Transport cheap. Minibus taxis less than $1 US but get stuck in traffic. We have Uber. Boda boda motorbikes $1-3 per short commute. Car import tax very high but fuel cheap.

Get health insurance. I pay 600k UGX - about $150 - for one year.

Check out my blog Diary of a Muzungu for more tips about expat life in UG. You'll love KLA! Great city!

50 reasons why I love Uganda

Hey Charlie,

Thanks for your updates.

What's the good salary in KPA as per your knowledge??? I'm a sales guy having 8 years of experience.

The thing is, salaries in KLA can be low. You would have to contact an agency or someone in that same field for that info.
Make sure they sort out your work permit and that employer pays for it. S/he should apply for it BEFORE you enter UG. It is simpler and more likely to be approved.

Dear all,

Anyone from this forum working in sales or marketing at Kampala??? Please let me know as I need some information on that. Thanks