Equivalence drivers' license for residents

Hello !
I just saw on the govt website that some countries have an agreement with Ecuador for getting an equivalence in drivers' licenses (without passing the exams), regarding resident visas. It seems to concern Spain, but not only i guess. I can't find further information about it... Does anyone know here? Most probably the neighbouring countries, but I was also wondering if USA and Canada are not in the list...
I got both Canadian and French licenses.
Thanks a lot ! :)

Although your post's first two sentences seem somewhat confusing, I suspect you want to obtain an Ecuador drivers license without being tested.

USA and Canadian citizens can obtain an Ecuador DL -- I did so last year (2015) -- without a road test.  However, you still must pass the computer-screen test of 20 questions about driving topics.

You must also pass a motor-skills test .. get a blood test (no studying needed for that one) .. provide your certified driving record (from some jurisdictions:  apostilled) .. and show your unexpired drivers license from the States or relevant province.

Some seniors may have to do an extra step related to a hearing test.  Loss of ability to perceive obscure high-pitched sounds may mean an Expat has to buy expensive, fancy audífonos -- headphones -- and re-take the hearing test as a DL requirement.

Other requirements may apply.  Check the ant.gob.ec website of the Agencia Nacional de Tránsito for any late-breaking curveballs.

Don't expect to go through the licensing process without any Spanish-language skills.  However, there have been reports of Spanish-challenged Expats memorizing the pool of off-road driving-test questions in Spanish .. and then acing the test.

cccmedia