How to Set up a coffee shop in Vung Tau ?

Hi All,

I have the intention to set up at small coffee shop in Vung Tau. Can anyone answer my query below

1) How and where i can apply for business certificate / license ? and how much it cost ?
2) Can i set up foreign fully owned coffee shop ? or will need local partner?
3) What is the normal or standard size of the shop lot and rental fee like in Vung Tau City ?
4) What is the average renovation cost in VT for a small touch up like painting/ set up coffee/reception + cashier counter ?

Anyone who have the above info please do drop me a message.
Appreciate it.
Sincerely
Mike

Hi Michael,

1) How and where i can apply for business certificate / license ? and how much it cost ?

In order to carry out business, you need to set up a company in Vn. You need to register the Investment Registration Certificate and the Enterprise Registration Certificate at Department of Planning and Investment of Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province. It will cost several thousand USD if you cannot make it yourself. If you think it's complicated, you can set up a nominee company, but it's  a risk because you are not the owner on the Certificates.

2) Can i set up foreign fully owned coffee shop ? or will need local partner?

Your coffee shop can be classified into "services of providing food and drinks. According to the Commitment of VN joining to WTO, it does not limit the ratio of contributed capital of the foreigner. Hence, you can set up 100% Foreign Owned Company ('FOC").

Hi Hieu,

thanks for the info.
Appreciate it.

Cheers
Mike

To be honest there are so many coffee shops here now, do you really want to throw money down the drain.

hello Mike;
i can answer some of your questions:
3) What is the normal or standard size of the shop lot and rental fee like in Vung Tau City ?
4) What is the average renovation cost in VT for a small touch up like painting/ set up coffee/reception + cashier counter ?
- The first, the rental fee is so expensive (it depend on some of actor such as area, adress........)
- about design of coffee shop is not expensive if you work directly with individual (not company).
i have a close friend, he is a architect about building, house and coffee shop.....you can contact with him. this is his facebook adress:
xxx

goodluck!

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Better you exchange these personal details through the private messaging system.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello a Mike
  Just wondering how you went with this venture. Although Colinoscapee (weird name!) seemed a bit negative, there are many coffee shops everywhere. I guess you need to offer something different or think about another business. I am thinking about a Vung Tau when I return after I visit family in Aus. Let me know what you've done and I may be able to pop in for a coffee.

Not negative, just being honest. Coffee shops come and go very quickly.Knowing numerous locals who went down this road and lost their savings, for an expat its even harder.

I may have disguised it but I was agreeing with you. There are heaps of them everywhere and I don't know how they survive. I drink coffee but I'm not an expert coffee drinker but these people seem to recognize something special when it's available. If there's one of these amongst the many that aren't going to make it in Vung Tau, I'd appreciate knowing about it. ....and, if it's run by a person named a Mike, I'm even more anxious to hear about it.

It would be interesting hear back from Mike to see how it's all working out.

Mike, this is Michael, I have a coffee shop in Vung Tau. e mail me at xxx or call me at xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section or the classifieds. Thank you