An Indian English Teacher

Hi friends

Recently, I followed my husband to HCMC and looking for  a teaching job right now.

I have a master and PhD degree in English Education and got more than 10 years of teaching experience in South Korea.

I also have a teaching license and currently doing an online TESOL program to kill my time.

Do i stand a chance of getting any job around?

Thank you for your sincere replies.

Rashmi

You absolutely should be able to find work but you will certainly face wage discrimination similar to Filipino teachers.  I always told my students that they need to be able to understand Indian accents as Indians are an important part of the business world in Vietnam.  With your education and experience a job at an international school might be better than at one of the language mills.

You're overqualified. Just one thing, if you speak English without a strong Indian accent you surely get a teaching job easily even in International schools. For 4 decades, Vietnamese English teachers have been teaching unaccented English and that's why now  English teaching centers and schools pay a real close attention to  English pronunciation.

Thanks for your reply.

I may not sound exactly like an American or English but definitely  stand pretty much away from the strong Indian accent.

No matter what I think about myself my employers are the ones who are gonna  judge me.

Let's see how it goes......

Your outlook seems realistic which should certainly work in your favor.   The "gonna" is a nice touch.  Good luck.