Female puppy needs a foster home urgently

Hi everyone,

Yesterday as I was walking in the Curepipe botanical garden I came cross with a tiny female dog in a bad shape. So I took her back home with me to take care of her. Unfortunately that little poor thing has a skin disease which could be treated easily according to the vet.

This morning after the visit at the vet's, I spent time ringing around (PAWS, MSPCA, ANGELS OF VOICELESS) to find a home or refuge for her. I urgently need somewhere to place her by the next week because I cannot keep her, even if I wanted to. If I don't find a solution before Wednesday 21st December the only option I've got will be to put her to sleep.

As you can imagine putting her to sleep it's not the best and the thought of it breaks my heart.

Thank you very much for any idea, suggestion and support.

Max

Hi Max,

I really hope that you will find a solution soon and that you will not need to put the poor baby to sleep.  :sosad:

I invite you to post an ad in the Mauritius pets classifieds section for more visibility, maybe someone will like to adopt the puppy.

Thank you,

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla
Thank you very much for your message. Yes that's a wonderful idea. I will do it as soon as possible. I just read the forum about pet owners who were looking for shelter and boarding kennels.
Thanks again.
Max

Did PAWS inform you they have no space for the puppy? I am asking because EVERYTIME i ring them this is what they tell me so I am a little curious as to what they told you.

Hi there,
Well, when I called PAWS I was told that they couldn't get me any shelter for that puppy. I insisted and then I was told they might have some space but I will need to ring them back on Monday to confirm. That's all  I've got so far.
Anyway I found a temporary foster home for the puppy and hopefully she will be placed in a loving, caring and permanent family.