The holiday season in Saudi Arabia

Hello everyone,

Are you about to celebrate the holiday season in Saudi Arabia? In many countries and cultures, the festive season is the time for happiness and reunions/gatherings. Is it so in Saudi Arabia? How do local people celebrate this very special time of the year?

What about you? Will you spend the holiday season in your host country or in your home country? Will there be expat reunions/celebrations/parties in your region/town/area?

Thank you in advance for sharing!

Priscilla

nothing just watch MBC

We all need a break from our heavy workloads and stress and Holidays come handy for such a break.  Holidays offer a chance for my body to turn off the stress systems, to recuperate and to repair. It is an excellent occasion to have family activities like Desert camping, gathering for lunch or dinner, and visiting family members. It is a good occasion to meet others and gain experience from each other. It helps us understand more about each other and unlock the cultural misunderstandings.

Hi,
Holiday's over in Saudi. Christmas and other holidays are not
in the Hijra calendar over here.
However, we do celebrate the occassion with our families in our home countries and we join in
spirit over the internet.

cheers,
:D

Hi Priscilla....Cordial greetings...Thanks for sharing the wonderful topic.  Just get a reset password and I would to share to you that I will spend the holiday seasons here in the Kingdom.  Happy holidays and best wishes....Cody

Hi Priscilla....Cordial greetings...Thanks for sharing the wonderful topic.  Just get a reset password and I would to share to you that I will spend the holiday seasons here in the Kingdom.  Happy holidays and best wishes....Cody

Hi pricilla.

How have you been.

Do you live in Saudi Arabia.

Well no plans for any holiday this time.

Stay in touch with me always.

Regards
Brian

The year end holiday season is a concept of western countries which combine the winter vacations with Christmas. Here in Saudia it will be just another working day or week or fortnight depending on which way one will like to look it. The closer match to this concept comes during summer vacations  time of the schools where the majority of expats plan their annual vacations by blending the break from scorching heat with kids school offs.

I hope this help bringing some clarity

Tariq

Hi ,
May the form of celebration in Saudi fairly differ from in other comunities  but you can enjoy and take your time as going to the dessert (BUR) and staying over one day living as nomad

unfortunately there is no holiday at this time here in saudi arabia , however if any one has an idea to enjoy these days please share...

Hi Priscilla, I've been here for 10 years and I got used to treat Christmas and New Year's days as a local working day because I am either busy organizing a conference or busy with my daily work.

However, we Filipinos would still love to gather after office hours and bring a meal (potluck) that we can share to at least feel the spirit. I have also experienced attending Christmas party at the German Embassy but it's still different when you're home! This is why some of my friends don't mind buying their own tickets just to be home during the holidays. 🙂

Hi everyone.

Well the holiday season over here in KSA really does not give you that feeling of holidays unlike back at home where the streets are decorated and good tidings and cheer prevails which really gets you into the mood. Unfortunately for some of us we cannot travel back to our homes as kids get only 5 days of holidays in December so most of us are stuck over here. I believe that where ever family is together you can create and maintain that holiday spirit and that is what most of us do as some friends and family get together and have some quality time together.

Only part I miss about Christmas is the secret santa, other than that happy Hanukah...

My husband came back to the uk for xmas and new year, but I think the compound did have s New Years party .