New to Panama forum

Hello,

I am new to the Panama forum.

I am from Toronto, Canada, retired and I am researching warmer countries outside of Canada to retire to.

I will be in Panama City from February 17-19, 2017.  I would love to meet some expatriates from Canada to get to know Panama better.  My flight and accommodation have not been booked yet, so I am flexible.  If any member has time to spare and would like to share their experience being an expat in Panama, I would love to meet them.

welcome aboard :)

Canadian here; been living in Panama since November 2015

In which city do you live?  How do you like it?

loco43256 wrote:

In which city do you live?  How do you like it?

In the capital, Panama City

Liking it so far

What is the cheapest and best way to go to the city from the airport?  Is taxi the only way?  I heard it $40-$60 USD one way and traffic is really bad in Panama City.  I am looking for a cheaper way but safe of course, since we will be carrying luggage and don't speak Spanish.

Luis Arce xxx  xxx  Probably $35 depending on where you need to go. He is reliable, ethical, speaks English, good guy to know for many things. It's nice to have a friendly face waiting for you, especially if you need a hand with luggage. He has a van so no worries about space either.

loco43256 wrote:

What is the cheapest and best way to go to the city from the airport?  Is taxi the only way?  I heard it $40-$60 USD one way and traffic is really bad in Panama City.  I am looking for a cheaper way but safe of course, since we will be carrying luggage and don't speak Spanish.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum. We suggest you share them through the private message system or recommend your contact in the Taxi services in Panama. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Everyone!

I am planning to visit Panama soon and heard that Luis Arce might me a good person to get transportation from the airport. Does anyone has his number? Also, I welcome any other suggestions to get to the city. Thanks,
Jerry

Yes, Luis is a good guy! Otherwise probably just grab a taxi but you will have to agree on a price, in Spanish. Luis costs about the same but you have a smiling face waiting for you, who speaks English and knows all kinds of things. He helped us get our drivers licenses, and cédulas, he'll arrange to ship your luggage across the country, drive your dogs, whatever it is he'll probably figure out a way to meet your needs. I sent his info in a message to you.

Thank you! I sincerely appreciate all your comments.

Luis is a prolific Facebook contributor. It is obvious that he is an animal lover!

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please share these contact details through the private messaging system or recommend this professional in the business directory along with the contact details. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you Sunnymikkel!

Luis is the man!