Tasting US

Hi everyone!

I'm Mahmoud from morocco, I'm 34 years old and I want to have a new experience in my life.

I want to be someone else! I get bored by my old self!

New life, new way of thinking, new friends, new everything!

Morocco is a great country with a lot of opportunities for smart & hardworking people!

I will definitely miss this beautiful country !

but I have to move in my life

I choose California because it looks like morocco! the climate, the landscape ...

I choose US because it looks like me (the old one or the new one? I think the eternal one :) ).. creative, diversified & renewable 

Here is a new trait that I'm trying to seed in my new self .. wisdom!

And wisdom tell me .. taste before you buy !

This thread is for people who like me (they have time, and little money) and want something between a touristic trip and a complete expatriation!

A small group of people who will share this kind experience

So I really welcome your proposals or advices!

thank you

what is your trade?

I'm a civil engineer

I started a new business in a complete new field and I failed!

I try now a second one!

I keep trying .. I like this!

I would suggest two things to do first you're going to have to get in contact with the US Embassy to start the immigration paperwork and second you're going to have to go to a website like indeed.com and get your resume list it online so you can hopefully find someone to sponsor you the US does need engineers

Thank you!
I already have an american tourist VISA.
I dont want to go there to get a job and live the rest of my life in America.. I think America need american people and engineer first!
My idea is to taste how it feel to live in America for just two or three months .. See how people think, work and live and share this experience in small group of people coming from other countries for the same purpose.
a kind of self-help group who want to discover and interact with a new environment so everyone can bring his piece of puzzle or his view angle
I can't find the right word for this project but it's not expatriation
maybe because it's not yet clear in my mind
this is why I initiate this thread
anyway.. thank you very much for your advice

are you coming as a tourist or are you coming as an immigrant

not a tourist, not a "false tourist" and not an immigrant!

Imagine someone who plant a seed somewhere and from time to time he go there to check the tree, collect fruits or just have some rest under the leaves of the tree.

Here, I want to plant a seed.. that's all!

Sound complicated  :D

Again .. it's an idea .. just an idea .. it's not completely defined.

Considering you have a tourist visa, you're a tourist,  As such, you're not going to get the real American lifestyle experience since you cannot legally work, nor remain in the country for an extended period of time legally.

Have fun explaining your non-simplistic status to CBP upon arrival  :D

come on .. open you mind romaniac!

you know what .. I will come to america .. I will build a nice and green hostel for people like me somewhere in the nature and not far from the city

a place to meditate, enjoy a simple life and be in touch with mother nature and diverse culture!

and it will be an amazing experience!

What you describe is a business which is something immigrants do you have a tourist visa tourist visas allow you to tourist you.  have a problem.

Dear katzgar,

Maybe me with my tourist visa can't do it .. but you, or any american citizen could!

I didn't see it like a lucrative business.. it's something more open source .. more Gift Economy!

You know .. we don't have to think always in the classical way which is utilitarian and very effective indeed!

We can imagine other possibilities .. and one does not prevent the other!

Life is about experiencing .. an expatriation is an experience

I'm not in earning money all the time 24/24 7/7

can we imagine a place to rest mentally and have the joy of working and gifting freely??

I love the matrix and its entertainment and I love to escape it too from time to time

be in .. be out

is it too much asked ?