Asking money for job in NZ.

Hi Everyone,

It's Giri here from dubai.

I applied online for a job of “powder coating technician” . Than I got a call for interview on 24.11.16. On 26.11.16 I went for interview. It was pretty well. After interview that guy asked me money for visa process and all. He told me like this. If I ll get offer letter I have to pay 500 $. Then after they will open my file for visa. After that when the visa will stamp I have to pay 6000 $. So total I have to pay 6500 $. Tomorrow on 28.11.16 I have the interview with that company for which I've applied.

Now my concern is should I pay or not. Because as per my knowledge there is no fee for the recruitment in NZ. So what am I suppose to do this time ?

Since you are over there so I hope you can help me out in this condition. Please advise I'm totally confuse.

Thanks and  Regards,
Giri

Sounds like a scam to me.
Any fees are covered by the employer.

Do not pay any money to anyone. I would contact the immigration dept and tell them of this.

I agree with Stumpy.. please be careful

Indeed a scam, Someone trying to make some easy money.
You were not clear in your post that the interview you went for was face to face in Dubai or over the internet.

In any case its a pure scam, Its unlikely that someone from here will hire a coating technician from outside.. Also  Immigration is really getting strict here and even if its turn to be legit, it gomma be unlikely that you get a visa..

Read this news:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/new … d=11758594

Girisisodiya wrote:

Hi Everyone,

It's Giri here from dubai.

I applied online for a job of “powder coating technician” . Than I got a call for interview on 24.11.16. On 26.11.16 I went for interview. It was pretty well. After interview that guy asked me money for visa process and all. He told me like this. If I ll get offer letter I have to pay 500 $. Then after they will open my file for visa. After that when the visa will stamp I have to pay 6000 $. So total I have to pay 6500 $. Tomorrow on 28.11.16 I have the interview with that company for which I've applied.

Now my concern is should I pay or not. Because as per my knowledge there is no fee for the recruitment in NZ. So what am I suppose to do this time ?

Since you are over there so I hope you can help me out in this condition. Please advise I'm totally confuse.

Thanks and  Regards,
Giri

Thanks everyone for your help. I talked with NZ immigration and provided required information. Now they will handle this thing.