Advice needed about Cambridge life

Hello,

I have recently moved to Cambridge and I would like to meet new people here. I am 29 year old and I am looking for a house to rent for me and my partner. We have been checking some properties managed by agencies but they ask for a lot of money and the quality of the houses we have seen were not very good.

Any advice on how to search for accommodation here? Is there any way that private landlords (no Real Estate Agencies in between) advertise their properties?

I would also be happy to meet with people for a coffee or beer to talk a bit about the advantages and disadvantages of living in Cambridge!

Thank you for any information you could provide me!

Byeee!

Luisa

Welcome on Expat.com :)

I will suggest you to go through the article:Accommodation in the UK (it contains some useful links that will obviously help you in obtaining a good deal for your accommodation). Or you can also tried to post a customized advert on the accommodation section of Cambridge classifieds page.

Regards

Thanks a lot Yud, I will do so!

Hola Maria Luisa
Soy Gema. Soy de Sevilla.Voy a trabajar en Addenbrookes Marzo Abril y Mayo.Me gustaria saber alguna información que te haya sido útil en tu aventura. Admñas si puedes aconsejarme porque también estoy buscando alojamiento para ese periodo. Gracias

Hi GemaP,

Can you please write in English in the anglophone forum so that members can understand.

or you can post in theCambridge hispanophone forum.

Thank you very much.

The problem with accomodation in Cambridge is that most of it is student accomodation and the quality reflects this.  A friend of mine gave up on searching for housing IN Cambridge and moved to nearby Ely where she was able to find more "grown up", larger AND more affordable flats and houses.

Blog: beyondthequeen.blogspot.com

GemaP wrote:

Hola Maria Luisa
Soy Gema. Soy de Sevilla.Voy a trabajar en Addenbrookes Marzo Abril y Mayo.Me gustaria saber alguna información que te haya sido útil en tu aventura. Admñas si puedes aconsejarme porque también estoy buscando alojamiento para ese periodo. Gracias

Hola Gema,

Write to my email address, and I will help you in any way I can!

Take care,

Luisa

[Moderated: Off topic + please post in classifieds]