Property prices in the Minnesota

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in the Minnesota is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in the Minnesota?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Well, Minneapolis is like most cities. There is a wide variation in prices. Mpls. is pretty high in the rental/ buy market. For Mpls., the most desirable area are S. Mpls. and SW Mpls. Smaller homes typically go for 250 K, and the larger ones up to, and over a million.  Hard to find a 2 bedroom apartment for less than $1,500 a month.
Of course, Mpls. is known as The City of Lakes. In my location, I am surrounded by 2 lakes and a golf course. Beautiful city, albeit a tad speedy. Taxes are high !

Neil, have you moved back permanently to USA? We're still in VA.

Yes Frank,
I have indeed moved back. I sold my condo in Cuenca. I was very fortunate in that it sold very quickly. I sold in 2015, surprisingly to a young Cuencana. I always assumed it would be a Gringo.
It's been a long time since we last corresponded
I have visited friends I made in Ecuador back here in The States. Florida, S. Carolina and Texas. I am planning a trip o Mexico this Winter to visit a few others. I will also be traveling back to Ecuador. I still visit EC at least once a year. I have a life time fiend that bought a condo in Playas, on the ocean. I'll visit Cuenca of course also. I introduced my friend to a local that I knew there in Cuenca, and they have been together ever since, going on 4 years. They split their time between Playas, where his condo is, and Cuenca, where she owns a home.
Great to hear from you. Hope life is good for you.
Be Well,
Neil

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

How about them Vikings!!!!  Playing the Eagles for the NFC title game!!!  Good to hear it is all working out for you, we are currently in the Philippines doing our first snow bird here, 10/17/17 to 4/17/18.  Still hoping to visit EC some winter.

Condolences. Keep in touch.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3625 … w=publicd.https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3625 … iew=public