Property prices in Manila

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Manila is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Manila?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Hello everyone...

Once I arrived I stayed  in temporary fully furnished apartment at Eastwood paying 45k a month, till I found  the house I was looking for in pasig. Well yes it's nice house with walk in cabinet and backyard... but surprisingly was surprised to know that the landlord even you have a year contract with still have the right to sell the house anytime, and its the new owner call to continue the contract, cancel it, increase the rent or what so ever. Means now am in a house that at any moment of time might be sold and me kicked out!

So if that happen then I guess living in a condo will be more secure for me and my family.

Yo,
Depends really on the "area" where you are planning to buy and also your expectations.
I'd say $100,000 would be a safe ballpark price if you are planning to buy a good condo in the city.
Cheers

paranaque city  good place for you  5 to 10 minutes going airport if no trafffic,,if you want more fresh air, 30min ride in airport.i reccomend,Laguna,or cavite..

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

If you would spend a few years in Philippines, I'd suggest to invest a property there. The market has been booming since 2012, even until now I'm still very optimistic about the property market here. I had 2 units bought couple of years ago by pre-selling at [link moderated], the price has gone up almost 100%, and yet the rental yield is 7%/year easily.

Some developers like SMDC offer rent-to-own units, which the unit has already turnover, you just need to pay 10% (some even 5%) to move in, pay the interest free installament of 15% in 2 years, then only pay balance by cash or bank loan. It's good deal rather than renting condo.

What is the biggest unit they have at SMDC?

The rent to own units are also called early occupany plan (EOP). I know SMDC projects near MOA have biggest unit of 57sqm. You may check with them, I can also recommend a good agent for you - I bought 2 from her.