Moving to kuwait in march - living cost

hi all

i have accepted an offer in kuwait in the motor industry with a salary of 1000 kd per month + possible commission of 200kd.
They will also pay accomodation cost of 250 - 300kd, car allowance of 150 kd.

I will be staying alone and need to send home 750 kd per month, so will 250kd per month be ok for living cost for 1 person?

Looking forward to some replies.

Hi Tom

Welcome to Kuwait...I think 250-300KD a month should be ok.

Wish you the best

Diver

it's a good deal , best wishes

well including home rent - car stuff and otherthings i can end up spending 500-700 per month , so even if u spend this amount u will be better off with some in spare  , now all i can say is congrats and welcome as an expat in kuwait bro :)

thank you all for the info, should be in kuwait around 01 march.
best place to buy groceries etc????

it is a good deal tom.. there are a lot of Jameya/Jamiya (grocery stores) here so you don't have to worry about it. I recommend Sultan Center in case you miss imported goods...

nice area to live in?

tom_kuwait wrote:

nice area to live in?

Which area will you be working so we can suggest you nearby places.

Shuwaikh

tom_kuwait wrote:

Shuwaikh

The closest and the best areas to Shuwaikh are: Khaldiya area, Kayvan area and Aadilih area.

It will take about 10-15 minutes in normal traffic, and up to 20 minutes with traffic jam

Good luck

tom_kuwait wrote:

Shuwaikh

it is close to Kuwait city also. But Shuwaikh is a big place... you have to be more specific.

not sure the exact address but it will be at the harley davidson dealership

tom_kuwait wrote:

hi all

i have accepted an offer in kuwait in the motor industry with a salary of 1000 kd per month + possible commission of 200kd.
They will also pay accomodation cost of 250 - 300kd, car allowance of 150 kd.

I will be staying alone and need to send home 750 kd per month, so will 250kd per month be ok for living cost for 1 person?

Looking forward to some replies.

It's more than enough for 1 person.

address is:

c/o canada dry & ghazali street
shuwaikh

tom_kuwait wrote:

not sure the exact address but it will be at the harley davidson dealership

Will you be working at the harley shop? Nice

yes, should be there from 01 march.

great! u will definitely see your customer there.. :cool:

Hii,

M moving to Kuwait by April'11. I suppose, i will will be staying at Salmiya or Salwa. I need 1BHK rental flat. but m not getting any adv. of 1BHK on any web site.
Will I easily get 1BHK or its difficult?

Whats the normal rent of 1 BHK and 2 BHK in Salmiya and Salwa?

Regards

1BHK in salmiya is around 220KD, 2BHK would range from 230~260.

it all depends on WHERE in salmiya u choose.

no idea about salwa tho; sorry.

Depend on where is your work place.

Salwa 1BHK can range from 350-400.

Good having you here in Kuwait...
the general rule for rent in Kuwait[for flats] is KD 100/per one room flat,so 2 rooms-flat would be KD 200 and so on.
It would be better if you choose accommodation closer to your work site if & when possible,which I presume will be in the Shuwaikh area.Unfortunately in Shuwaikh area or close by,no residential complexes available where you can rent.If you have a local driving license then it does not really matter much.
Of course getting a local driving license is not that fast or easy even if you have one already from your country.
After arriving in Kuwait,your employer should do the necessary to conclude your work visa and then your Civil ID for you to settle and even rent an apartment[you need a valid Civil ID to sign a rental contract] unless the flat would be in the name of your employer,which I think would be in your case if the employer is providing the accommodation as indicated.
I have to tell you,food stuff prices are not expensive and you have a good varieties also to choose from.Restaurants are all around where you can find a meal that cost you on the average of $20 but still you can find a meal at $10 or less.
Wish you luck.   :)

What is the best way to find home?

What do you mean "find home"? To buy??
Anyway,there are a lot of real estates agents where u can contact to find flats,homes for rent or sale.

dis is for rental home.
vats d agent charges normally?
deposits are der?

Normal charging by agent is half a month rent[once of course] and some owners/agent would ask fora deposit to cover unpaid bills or any breakage/damages.This could be from KD 50 to KD 200.

khaye wrote:

Salwa 1BHK can range from 350-400.

3BR flat is 350 to 450 KD in Salwa

Moo wrote:

3BR flat is 350 to 450 KD in Salwa

It depends moo.. If you want a decent apartment with amenities on it you cant find a 350-450 3BR...

I know salwa and im living in it.

hi, Tom..
That living cost you mentioned.. can already survived here.

God bless your trip and goodluck..

diarynigracia.blogspot.com

Hi

I am Indian, from Kolkata, planning to move to Kuwait in the month of July 2012. I am getting an offer of 1000 KD and I am recently married. Just wanted a guide on the cost of living and finding a studio or 1 BHK apartment in the area closer to office. The office will be at Sharq.

Thanks.