Hi, i looking for friends in beijing

Hi, i looking for friends in china.

I am from Moscow, in january(31) for two weeks (with my wife) we travel to china(beijing).

looking for friend who live in china and can show me interesting places of city, great wall or something else.

My native language russian, but some i know english, if you than go to russia, i can show moscow for you absolutly free :-)

I work in IT.
Me 29 years
Like sport.

i have icq or email for talk. pm me.

welcome to china

thank you, but now, i am in moscow yet :-)

For sample, i dont know how i can buy ticket in subway in china :-), if ticket seller dont know english.

romman wrote:

thank you, but now, i am in moscow yet :-)

For sample, i dont know how i can buy ticket in subway in china :-), if ticket seller dont know english.

u can use Automatic Ticket Machine,which is in chinese and english version. And most of tickets sellers can speak english, i guess.

smile_beijing thank you for information.

Automatic ticket machine places in train stations too? I read what, for ride to great wall, i must drive from beijing city region at train or bus.

Say pls, where i can buy tickets to city bus?

romman wrote:

smile_beijing thank you for information.

Automatic ticket machine places in train stations too? I read what, for ride to great wall, i must drive from beijing city region at train or bus.

Say pls, where i can buy tickets to city bus?

For subway tickets, you can acutally just give 2 yuan to the ticket seller over the counter, then she/he will give you one ticket, hehe, no conversation needed. as long as you don't check out of the subway, you can travel with this ticket for a whole day. But the second time you check in to take a train, you have to buy a ticket again. 

To the great wall, you could first take a subway to "Deshengmen station", then take the "bus 919" to the Great Wall.

Hope that you will have a smooth journey here in Beijing! Too bad I won't be in beijing by the time you arrive in here, because I'll go back to my hometown(not beijing) to spend the Spring Festival with my family. Or else I'd like to help you out!

Wish you luck!

melaniefanfan big thanks for detailed answer. 2 yuan that price for any stations of subway, i mean if i buy ticket, i can ride at any subway line?

And where i can buy ticket to bus?

romman wrote:

melaniefanfan big thanks for detailed answer. 2 yuan that price for any stations of subway, i mean if i buy ticket, i can ride at any subway line?

And where i can buy ticket to bus?

yes, whatever subway station you get in, however long you are in the subway, whatever your destination is , as long as you don't get out of the subway, just 2 yuan!the subway in Beijing is subsidized by the government, so it is cheap!

And at every entrance of the subway station, there is a ticket counter. so you don't have to buy the ticket in advance. Buy the ticket when you get into the station (of course, before you check in with your ticket!)

ps: just buy 1 ticket at a time, don't try to buy another one for your return trip, because by your return, that ticket won't be usable! there's no return trip ticket for the beijing subway.

don't worry about buying the bus ticket in advance too! just get onto the bus, if you see a box near the driver, then drop 1 yuan in it. usually it costs about one yuan if you get off after no more than about 10 busstops,yet the more distance you travel the more it costs.so, maybe you have to communicate a little with the driver. But if there's no box near the driver, there will be an attender on the bus selling tickets. then you just point to where you will get off, then give a 5 or 10 yuan bill to her, and she will return you the changes according to your ticket price.

Well, for both bus and subway, there will be cards which you can just swipe through some machines and save the trouble paying bills and such. But for such bus cards,it's a bit difficult for non-beijing residents because travellers don't know the places  selling these bus cards, however, for the subway, you could buy such subway card at the subway station counter.

well, if there's any more question,be free to ask!:)

thank you, i think that good information not only for me.

question about toilets, how much cost and where at street placed? mcdonalds i know :-)))

romman wrote:

thank you, i think that good information not only for me.

question about toilets, how much cost and where at street placed? mcdonalds i know :-)))

sorry for replying late, maybe you didn't click "quote " so I didn't know you raised questions untill I log onto here to see how is everything going on.

Well. it's not easy to tell you where to find toilette, but at every subway station you could find one for sure! and it's free!

ps:guess you are already in Beijing now! so hope that everything has been going well!

no i am not in beijing now :-( my trip will something later

ha!
then you have more time to plan it well :)
the weather will be warmer if you come in spring!

happy chinese new year of rabbit to you all! ^^

\\
             \\_
          .---(')
        o( )_-\_