Pets in Kuwait

Hello everyone,

Many of us in Kuwait have four-legged friends. What about you? Do you have one or more pets? Share your experience with us!

What are the formalities to import pets in Kuwait? What about pet adoption procedures in the country? Did you bring your pet from your home country to your host country? If so, did everything turn out fine?

What do Kuwaitis think about pets? Are they comfortable with dogs, cats or unusual pets?

Share your advice!

Priscilla

My school is arranging through one of the agencies to capture and neuter cats that have been left when people leave the school. Sometimes people in our building feed the cats but then they leave for summer. Hardly seems fair to the abandoned cats, don't get a pet if youre staying a short while, its unkind to the animal.

When I first arrived in Kuwait in 2010 I cared for every stray cat and dog I came across.  In the first few days there I took in a sick/injured kitten, named him KC for Kuwaiti Cat  He is a subject in my book "Suitcase Filled with Nails: Lessons Learned from Teaching Art in Kuwait.  KC is 6 years old now, 24 pounds and living the life in the states.