Moving to Rabat, Morocco

Hi all,

Im planning on working and living in Rabat, Morocco within the next  couple of months as an au pair/nanny.
I'm from Australia and was hoping if anyone could give me advice about visas? Should I get a working visa or should I exit and enter Morocco every 3 months?

Any help would be appreciated.
I'm new here so I hope Im in the right forum.

Best
Magdalina

hello magdalina,
if you will have a work in Morocco It would be better to get a working-visa ..It will help you to stay longer here and avoid being out each 3 months.. If you don't have a one you can stay here in Morocco for 3 months and try to go out to renew your visa ..my friend was doing it before he gets his "residence card" he told me that he was going to " ceuta"  ( spanish colony in Morocco) sometimes spain but It will cost you some money each 3 months ..
Good luck:D

Hi Pure Soul,
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.

I called the Moroccan Embassy here in Australia and the lady told me that they don't give working visas here and that when i go to Morocco after three months to go see the authorities to extend my stay.
I also read in the lonely planet guide that I can get a letter from my embassy asking for visa extension to give the Moroccan Embassy/authorities. I also read in the guide that I can exit the country and re enter.

Confusing but I'll have to figure it out when I get there. I don't need a visa for Morocco which is good.

How much does it cost to go to Spain? A rough idea would be great.

Thanks again

Hi Houda,

You should post your advert under Rabat classifieds > accommodation section - flat share, house share and not on all the forums.

Thank you for your comprehension,
Good luck
Christine

hello again magdalinaa,
I am glad that I helped you a bit :P yes good idea you can go first to Morocco and within 3 months you can make your working-visa there if it didn't happen ..you can do like I said going out to ceuta or spain ..about how much it costs I am sorry I don't really know how much I didn't meet my friend today through the net so I didn't ask him but I found these infos hope It can help a bit: Ferries from Almeria (Spain) and Malaga (Spain) to Melilla (Spanish Morocco) go almost every day and take about 6-9 hours. Ferries are more frequent between Almeria (Spain) and Nador (Morocco) where you can catch a bus to most major cities within Morocco. The trip takes about 6 hours. You can also get to Tangier (Morocco) from Tarifa (Spain) on a high-speed ferry for rates you can check this website  just to have an idea about the prices: http://www.frs.es/eng/index.htm

by air you can easily check the rates through a website of airlines .

from ceuta to other Moroccan cities you can use the Bus ( my husband used it) I don't think that can be more than 400dh or 300dh.
sorry I am not so sure about the prices  of the bus :/
Good luck.

so are u in morocco yet? or still getting the paperwork ready?

depends how long your planing to stay if its gonna be like less than one year then better do the visa run only when you re residence u can have bank account and some facilities
wish u good luck

to go to ceuta u need only the bus from rabat to fnidq...it cost arround 100 dh  then you go inside to ceuta for free...my girlfriend she did it always...because she couldn't have the resident card for some reasons...

I am Sri Lankan now I am working in Doha Qatar i want visit to morocco for 10 -15 days so i try to get visa from here in embassy but they denied because of my salary so i request that If any one have any kind of suggestions, idea or if you know any agent in Qatar or morocco for visa providing center for visit to morocco? plz help me.

That is Fun