New to mexico!

Hi everyone! My name is laura and I am married to a wonderful man who happens to be a Mexican national. We live currently in the United States but will be making a big move to Mexico in the next year. Although we are a bit nervous and scared of such a big move, we are hoping to make the transition and smooth as possible. We are very friendly and have such a love for life and we are hoping to make friends on here and get some much needed advice  to calm our nerves! We are looking into the city of merida , yucatan or surrounding cities of merida. We will be working in mexico as well and would like any advice you are willing to share. Thank you!!

Hi Laura, get ready for an adventure!  Merida is a very safe and beautiful city to live in, i would recommend focusing on that area.. there are no big towns to live in close by Merida. Cancun would be the alternative.. different in that it does not have the cultural and historical center and ambiance that Merdia offers. If you are considering Cancun, let me know and i can help more.

Laura finiol wrote:

Hi everyone! My name is laura and I am married to a wonderful man who happens to be a Mexican national. We live currently in the United States but will be making a big move to Mexico in the next year. Although we are a bit nervous and scared of such a big move, we are hoping to make the transition and smooth as possible. We are very friendly and have such a love for life and we are hoping to make friends on here and get some much needed advice  to calm our nerves! We are looking into the city of merida , yucatan or surrounding cities of merida. We will be working in mexico as well and would like any advice you are willing to share. Thank you!!

while it does vary plan on pay in Mexico being about 80% less than in the US.  What sort of work do you do?  Merida is a great city with lots of life and great health care.  Cancun is a concrete tourist trap.