Can I live in England with Italian Permesso di Soggiorno.

I have an Italian document (two years permesso di soggiorno) but searching for a job for sometime now, I have been unable to secure non.
I'm thinking of living italy to other country like England. But the question is that can I stay and work in England?
If no what would you advice me to do?

Not sure tbh, you're from Nigeria and have some kind of Italian document that permits you to stay there?

This UK Government site tells you about applying for a UK visa.

Ok thanks

I don't have any legal information but in respect to working in the UK, I have some pointers.

Firstly, the reason why you're in Italy will determine the type of work you may be able to find in the UK. UK's job market is highly competitive so unless you have qualifications in engineering etc, the majority of work you'll be able to undertake will be hospitality (waiting tables, cleaning, gardening, shop keeping). I say this because if you're studying, you may be able to find internships but if you just want to see what you can find, UK's job market is highly competitive. Old school tie still very much alive.

Secondly, UK is set to leave EU in several years. If you just want to find work for 1 year, this will have no impact. If you want to work for 3 or 4 years, you will definitely need to find a sponsor (business) who'll actively promote getting you a VISA, when they are required. As you're not an Italian citizen, Britain's leaving of the EU will (and remember this is not legal advice) likely revoke any privilege you enjoy of staying & working.

I have read that your permesso di soggiorno must be permanent in order to be able to work in other EU states.
http://www.stranieriinitalia.it/l-esper … si-ue.html

I live in Uk.  But I was living in italy before I move to Uk. Pls I found out dat my carts  di  soggiorno (is a permit stay from italy)  is missen can I apply for a new one here in Uk.  Thx

Hi Mimilove and welcome to the Forum.

I suggest you contact the Italian Embassy in London and enquire there.  The contact information for the Embassy can be found at this link.

Mimilove1 wrote:

I live in Uk.  But I was living in italy before I move to Uk. Pls I found out dat my carts  di  soggiorno (is a permit stay from italy)  is missen can I apply for a new one here in Uk.  Thx

If you live in UK, you are not eligible for an Italian residence permit.  Additionally, even if you could replace it, you would have to do so inside Italy.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hello I want to know weather I can be able to travel from italy to ireland using my 2 years permesso di soggiorno and my country passport?

If both documents are valid, you can, but not stay longer than 90 days.
Janin

Ireland is not a signatory to Schengen, Senegalese citizens need a visa to enter Ireland.