Satellite internet

Hi :-)
Does anyone have any recommendations on satellite internet in a town-house-hold of 2 persons?

Maybe not quite the same thing, but we have a Vodafone radio router, that connects like a mobile phone. 30 euros a month, unlimited download. got it from Centric computers Saint Pau'ls Bay.

Vagrant wrote:

Maybe not quite the same thing, but we have a Vodafone radio router, that connects like a mobile phone. 30 euros a month, unlimited download. got it from Centric computers Saint Pau'ls Bay.

Do you need a phone connection for that ?

No. This is totally independent on my deal, but they may try to sell you a package. If it is not what you want, insist on the deal I outlined. They tried it on with me, but I stood my ground and got the deal I signed up for.
I have a pay as you go SIM, which i hardly ever use, so an all in deal would have been a waste of money.

Vagrant wrote:

This is a very good idea.
I've just bought one over here so my TV is now just watched via youtube or whatever site has the content I want. The contact on our satellite TV is still in force, but I don't see me bothering to renew when it expires.

Thank you, I'll remember that :-)

There is a"My Expat Network VPN" which you can download with an monthly/3 monthly/annual fee, that gives the illusion you are in the UK, so you can use this to get all ITV and BBC channels, together with their "catch up" features. The amount of buffering depends on the time of day, so BBC  iPlayer downloads will improve the quality of enjoyment of their programs.

Vagrant wrote:

There is a"My Expat Network VPN" which you can download with an monthly/3 monthly/annual fee, that gives the illusion you are in the UK, so you can use this to get all ITV and BBC channels,

.... or just watch them direct for free, not a fee.

http://www.filmon.com/tv/bbc-one

Fred wrote:
Vagrant wrote:

There is a"My Expat Network VPN" which you can download with an monthly/3 monthly/annual fee, that gives the illusion you are in the UK, so you can use this to get all ITV and BBC channels,

.... or just watch them direct for free, not a fee.

http://www.filmon.com/tv/bbc-one

Yep - I used this a few weeks ago when I was in Berlin; worked perfectly.