Your best business development ideas in Sweden

Hi everyone,

As a foreign entrepreneur, launching a business in Sweden is a fantastic project and an exciting challenge. Some ideas are likely to succeed. Some others are promising but may not work as well as intended.

In your opinion, what kind of business or industry is likely to succeed in Sweden? What kind of industry or service currently unavailable or underdeveloped in the country would meet local needs?

On the other hand, what are the most common business types foreign entrepreneurs would be eager to launch in the country but with very little chance of success?

Thank you for your insights.
Priscilla

Hi there, 
In Sweden the best business to do is online business,  like selling clothing, shoes, home decor in an expensive but quality products.

That's is what we messing here.

As i have experience and work here in sweden ,the cafe and bageri is the smart and profitable business in sweden

Hi Priscilla,

great question!
There is one thing I would be so happy to spend money on, and I think a lot of people from my generation and older would, too. We have become very dependent on technology and digital services. We need wifi, smartphones, tablets, computers, everything needs to be connected, there are iClouds, apps, you name it. If anything goes wrong in this whole chain of tech-connections, customer service of the different suppliers is tedious at its best, right down awful on average. Everyone blames "the other party" and if you keep pushing for an answer they tend to throw a Wikipedia of technical terms your way so you feel dumb, incapable and really all you want to do is hang up the phone or throw the tablet out of the window.

So here it is: work together with students. They are the best tech wizzards of today. Offer a service where one of these wizzards is assigned to solve your case. He/she is not connected to any of the infamous suppliers and they get paid based on a customer satisfaction rating.

That's what I call a true customer focus, a service I believe will be in high demand and unfortunately a service I have not come across yet.

Happy to be involved in setting this up if I can combine it with my full-time job.

Hope it is useful input to your investigation.

Best regards,

Fiona

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

I have a great idea (actually many), but will want to keep to myself a bit longer... Has to do with yummy food on the go from NZ.  Swedish who come to NZ love it already, they just cant get it in Sweden.  Excited!

hey
i would like to add something for your message :)
Sweden is one of the richest country in the world..Moreover it has beautiful climate as well.
I would like to introduce a business such as export and sell some spices in Sweden..
i wish that would work .. i appreciate your ideas too