Blimey I'm confused with this visa

I'm currently in Mexico City and have been offered a couple of positions aswell as applying for others. The ones I've been offered are on a casual basis and have suggested I get a business visa as it would be more freelance. The other ones that I have applied have stated that I need to have the right to work for me to gain an interview.

At first I was told that being from UK I can get a business visa on arrival but after researching that doesn't seem right. Then I was told I have to go back to my home country to get the visa

I am so confused. I am from the UK and have been researching what I need but as my Spanish is in progress I'm finding it a bit tough

Can anyone tell me what I need to get so I can work legally here? Also what is my best option right now and just as importantly how much it costs..?

Have you been to the Instituto Nacional de Migracion office?  It is the ultimate authority.  I have found them to be courteous and professional.  Apparently there is a way to get a work permit while in Mexico though you may need to get some documents from home.  Having a written job offer will help immensely.

I took a a quick look at their website,  www.inm.gob.mx which has been completely redone since the last time I looked and couldn't find what I was looking for.

There are services that will do all the legwork for you for fee.  I don't know enough about  that one way or another.  30 years ago, the US company that was transferring me did all the paperwork and legwork for me.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply mate, know it was a little bit lengthy. I do have a letter if needed, I'll try and persuade my mate to go with me and do a bit of translation

One thing is for each job, don't they have a minimum required skill set..? Or as long as you got a job offer letter it Is allowed..? I've just been in oz for 5 years and their process was mental

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply mate, know it was a little bit lengthy. I do have a letter if needed, I'll try and persuade my mate to go with me and do a bit of translation

One thing is for each job, don't they have a minimum required skill set..? Or as long as you got a job offer letter it Is allowed..? I've just been in oz for 5 years and their process was mental

Mexican bureaucracy is, well, Mexican bureaucracy.
The are great on giving lengthy instructions but not the information you and others need most of all.
Just remember to be courteous and no matter what the first answer is, stay cool and ask for more information or a more detailed explanation.

In Mexico, it's likely you'll find someone who speaks English.  Stick with Spanish out of courtesy.
If you still have doubts, politely ask if someone speaks English.
Best of luck.

Thanks

I'll see what I can gather :-)

Hi,

I can help you but first I need to know how long you plan to stay in Mexico, so that I can tell you about the right Visa for you.

Cheers

Cool thanks.

Well at the moment I'm pretty happy here so for the foreseeable future. In regards to residency I'm not quite ready to make that type of commitment however working and staying here for at least 6months, year or two for sure