Fishing in Saigon near D 7?

Hello all,
     I will be heading back home to Saigon October 29 for a few weeks. I have been doing a lot of fishing here in Utah where I have been working and was interested in doing some fishing when I get back with my girlfriend. Any information would be helpful on where to go, what to use for bait, how to set up your line etc. We live in District 7, thanks in advance.

Have you smelled the river in District 7 lately?

I'd personally also not want to eat what can be pulled in from the Saigon water ways. An exception would be up in Thanh Da where I'd assume the water is better than down in D7.

However, a mate of mine from Adelaide (Aus) who comes here every few month always goes fishing with a guy who sells fishing gear and offers fishing trips. He specializes on fresh water in the Mekong and big game off the shores of Nha Trang. He offers full packages with driver, accommodation and supplies the entire gear.

If you're interested I can give you the contacts.

Cheers

Culture shock is defined as going from fly fishing for trout in clear mountain streams in Utah, to dropping a line and hook over the side of a city bridge in _any_ district in Saigon.

motorbikes whizzing/honking by, tin shacks crowded on the riverbanks, muggy air with petrochemical and biological fumes...  Who needs Utah?!

Trust me, I know what you mean. I have lived in Saigon for 3 years now. I have done some fishing around the city before but want wanting to get any more information. I have done a lot of research online and I think I have found some decent places to go.

I don't plan on eating anything I catch. I am just wanting to have some relaxing time with me and my girlfriend fishing. I am trying to show her what it is all about.

How is your posting helpful in any way? If you don't have any useful information don't add anything to my post.

Mate, go to Thanh Da, many nice coffee shops right along the water and a few locals fishing too.

And yes right, if you have nothing to contribute, instead of posting and serving as a good example of a bad example, STFU! We just want info no BS!

Cheers

Thank you snake77. I have found these places online. Is anyone familiar with these places?

168 Nguyen Huu Tho, Xa Phuoc Kieng, Nha Be, Tel: (08) 62712712
thapnga.com

Thanh Truc
793/35/4 Tran Xuan Soan, Q7, Tel: 0974 799669

Dong Dieu
33/2 Cao Lo, Q8, Tel: (08) 2431 2949

Vuon Thu Gian
Nguyen Huu Tho, Cau So 2, Phuoc Kien, Nha Be, Tel: 0989 770450
thugianthuanviet.com/nha-hang-vuon-thu-gian