I would like to go to vietnam as a volunteer teacher.

i would like to go to vietnam as a volunteer teacher. i would like to help and teach vietnamese children to be a literate and educated. So they can used it for better future and energize their mind to explore the real world and they help their own fellowmen at the same time. Thank you. i just want to help.

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Please drop advert in Language Classes Classifieds section as well as your contact infos.

Hi everyone,

@ kashmer t. manggona, please drop an advert in the dedicated section of the website so that you may get some offers : Jobs in Ho Chi Minh City > Volunteering.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

kashmer t. manggona wrote:

i would like to go to vietnam as a volunteer teacher. i would like to help and teach vietnamese children to be a literate and educated. So they can used it for better future and energize their mind to explore the real world and they help their own fellowmen at the same time. Thank you. i just want to help.

Your intentions may be good, but while your country, the Philippines, has a 96.3% literacy rate, Vietnam is not far behind at 94.5%.  If you mean that you want to teach them English, then your volunteer efforts will further cut into the wage earning ability of your countrymen and women who are already unfairly paid below their qualification level.  If by "explore the real world" you mean as opposed to communist ideology, I think it would be safer to stay home.  Or you could try Afghanistan where the literacy rate is 38.2%.  While you are at it, you could study the rules of capitalization.

THIGV,

One of the best replies to a post I've read on this forum!... nice one..

Why Vietnam? Have you been to Vietnam yet? if not you really should visit first on a tourist visa and investigate opportunities here, and how you will live. You will need to learn Vietnamese to talk to needy families.

You might be surprised about Vietnam. I spent 2 days in Manila (Makati and Pasay) and I I was shocked at the amount of poverty, out in the open. Reminded me of India. I looked it up, 24% Philippino households under the poverty line vs 13% Vietnamese. And I think here, the poverty must be more rural, because I just don't see so much (yes I admit in my expat sheltered world).

Hello, I'm very grateful when you choose Vietnam. I live in Ho Chi Minh city
If you need to help, don't hesitate contact with me. I will support you anything I can

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on the public forum!

when a vietscamese says  -"please help me'

it means work for free - they profit, u r a slave.

welcome to VN lesson 101 over

Having Asian features in Vietnam even teaching for free, have English degree and teaching experience they will automatically assume you can't teach English as well as the person with Caucasion complexion even though that person might be from Germany or Russia or any country where English is not the first language.

I see my nieces and nephews pay a lot to learn English but they can't speak it. I offered to help for free but they said I can't speak Vietnamese. I've even offered my neighbours and the first word out of their mouth always is you can't speak Vietnamese how can you the students understand.

And that's why some can't learn English because it's taught in Vietnamese or Viet Kieu's that can relate to them are treated differently.

But it's not impossible. Just be prepared for the you're not native English remark.

In the poorer parts of Viet Nam I feel you may get some work. There are quite a few volunteer organizations here in VN that may be able to point you in the right direction.

Hi there,

nice to read your post.
I came to volunteer teaching English through VHV (Volunteer House Vietnam) I can only recommend it, I love it, and we always are in need of new people.
If you go to the website you'll find detailed info about what we do and where to apply.
I hope to greet you in our team :)
Paulina

Thank you Sir for your wonderful advise. yet,i will visit to vietnam first and observe the environment such as culture and behaviour of the people. but i think vietnamese people are nice although some of them are not really nice but we can still considered that vietnam is one of safest country in asia. isn't it? i have a friend there and also there is a filipino community in Saigon that can help me through this. And also...we are not far from my country philippines. it is only takes 2 and half via airplane.  But anyway this is my first time to go to vietnam that is why i need somebody help to advise me "what should i do." thank you sir and god bless you.

Hello ma'am,Thank you for a your help. i highly appreciate that. if i have time i will visit the website. But now i am still working in the other country. Thank you and God bless you.

thank you ma'am...

I ... sorry just nitpicking.