Question about Micro-climates on Malta

I am trying to find out about the different micro-climates on Malta and Gozo.  I would greatly appreciate any info that you can share.
Thank you!

I have never noticed any difference.

Just as a matter of interest, why would an American expat living in Panama want to know?

The size of Malta, I imagine the only difference may be wind once it's come off the coast (and hit some buildings or something).

Hi Foxglove,
Thank you for responding to my question about the climate.
My husband and I (both retired), have been living in Panama for 10 years, and at this point we are ready for a new adventure.   We've been researching Malta as a possibility, and I'll be taking a one week exploratory trip to Malta in December.
Thanks again.
~Adele

Thank you Dorieus!

Ajdoane1 wrote:

Hi Foxglove,
Thank you for responding to my question about the climate.
My husband and I (both retired), have been living in Panama for 10 years, and at this point we are ready for a new adventure.   We've been researching Malta as a possibility, and I'll be taking a one week exploratory trip to Malta in December.
Thanks again.
~Adele

Not a lot of difference in the weather but you would find Gozo a lot quieter and more relaxed than Malta. Probably a nicer island to retire to.

Ray

In high winds, which are common in winter, valleys and buildings funnel the wind to make it seem stronger. Predominant winds are from the west. In summer, urban areas and individual buildings trap the heat at night but are cooler during the day. During the summer, and in calm weather, humidity levels will be higher close to the sea, even though the island(s) is/are small. Rain often falls from intense storm cells and can be localised, but without a discernable pattern.

Surprisingly temperatures do vary quite a bit given the size .I have often checked the temps esp. in winter & find 5/7 degrees difference between towns only a few kms apart.

Thank you for the information GPLD.
~Adele

That is very interesting! Thanks!
~Adele