Meeting in Lyon

lets gonna make a small meeting in one of lyons coffee shop just for chat. for anyone who is bored of feel lonly or just miss english language) anyone who wants is very welcome. peoples just post your minds about that and maybe one day we ll go out))

Very good idea! Would love to meet some English speakers here in Lyon!

so lets do it?? lets gonna find one day and we ll see what peoples ll say))

It's a good idea !!! :)
Just , me , i'm french girl and i live in Lyon !! I want to improve my english !! :)

so far 2 peoples are ready... someone else??))

I'm in, I'm french but I want to improve my english

lets do something tonight, in Lyon

yeah lets doo, lets go for the drink??? so cool weather outside)))

ooo looks like i signed up way too late for this.

yeah i'd like to meet if its okay with you guys. i've been in lyon since september and i find it hard to make friends in and outside the university. i understand that my command of the french language isn't the best so it'll be great to be able to speak english sometimes.

by the way i'm malaysian living in the 7eme arrondisement. à plus!

hey man you are not late, everybody just sing up but nobody give any suggestions, so lets gonna make this forum alive.. feel free to contac me if you want go for a drink or discover a city))) a plus..

I'm also interested! Does anyone want to do something this week or next weekend?

Count me in too... I'm always ready to meet new people

Count me in too LOL

Hi helenmcc!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Hi everyone!
I just moved to Lyon and don't know anyone.. I guess it doesn't help that I don't speak French very well :P
But if there is a gathering then count me in :)

hey naurik sorry i was new on this thing and i clicked on "no email notification" thingie which explains why i'm replying this late!

but yeah, summer is here donc why not go out and grab a drink :)

if everyone is cool for a meet up, say next week in vieux lyon... we should get this ball rolling.

my proposal: irish pub - saint james, rue st jean, vieux lyon
time: 9pm next week thursday (9/6/2011)

if we get 3 "YESes" then it's on!

hope to see u guys soon!

jeremy

If nothing tragic comes up then definitely YES!

haha cool ill do my part this sunday and pray no harm comes your way :)

Count me in! Should we meet outside of the pub?  Just wondering because it is hard enough to find someone in St. James if you know who you are looking for!  :)   Let me know.  See you on Thursday!

Emily

If it was a weekend day I'd be in! I work fulltime and take french lessons so during the week isn't ideal...maybe some other time we can all meet at a weekend?
Helen

eweb384,

yeah that's good thinking. let's meet outside the pub at 9pm, in any case to make it easier, i'll be in a france football jersey!

I'll join you all next time but unfortunately I'm too busy this week. so keep me in the loop as it would be good to meet you all!

So it seems something tragic still happened.. i'm sick. Sorry guys - i have to sit this one out :(

hey mammumaris, i hope you're feeling better now :)

yeah thursday went well, it was emily, her friends, my friends etc and we hung out till 1am... good fun! so yeah emily and i were thinking about another social the coming weekend. what do u guys think?

17/6/2011 (friday), at saint james' pub, vieux lyon.

i hope you guys can make it :D

You know I will be there!   :)

Should we plan to meet around 9 pm again?

Hope to see you all there!

Hi mates,
Is it fine if I come too?

I'm a frenchy who is just back from cambodia :)

Cheers,

I'm in this week! No work the next day...lets do it! :)

hey guys!

yeah awesome response. sure mathieu, you should definitely come.

a friend of mine has a bunch of people (french learning students from lyon bleu) going to an electro thing around 12ish, maybe after that if you guys are still interested we could party it up! be warned it costs 15€.

see u guys on friday!

jeremy

yep sorry for not stating the time!

9pm Saint James at Vieux Lyon

If I'm not working on Saturday I will be there :)

hey guys, I am new here but I managed to meet some people from this blog tonight. it was a very nice night hope to see you all soon again.

Dan

I am ready to meet for a coffee-house chat.
booneavenueboy (américain)

I'm in Lyon doing research for my PhD in anthropology and would love to meet some fellow Americans.  Let's hang out
Michael

Hi guys :)

I am Irish , just new to expat and I will be moving to Lyon to work for a year. Will be over in February for a few days to look for accommodation, so would love to meet up with fellow english speakers. Contact me if anyone interested

A plus :)