Where to get Vietnam Visa Extention in HCMC

Hello,
My visa expires at the end of October, I currently have a 3 month multiple entry tourist visa. I am from Canada.

I would like to extend it for a minimum of 3 more months.  I assume this is possible, Where do I go in HCMC to get this done?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Dave

I believe it's here: https://goo.gl/maps/DA3zTJkEq442

Maybe you should try to ask some travel agents in Bui Vien

Thanks all, I will start with the government building and see what they say.
Wish me luck, I have to communicate with google translate mostly!

Hi Dave. I am interested to know what they had to say about the extension.

Any success?

Thanks.

Kenny

I haven't gone down there yet, but plan on going tomorrow.  I will post how things turn out.
Thanks for asking.

May the force be with you my friend. Hopefully your visit there will yield positive results for all of us.

Taking a bus to the border sounds like a huge hassle and hard to trust travel agencies.

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services and company not allowed
Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Do not share illegal advice on forum please.
Nguyen Khanh Trang wrote:

It is not a regulation, it is CORRUPTION!

The most recent reports this month from agents is they will only extend the 3mth visa for a month.....and it's pricey.     

A lot of people have been doing the border trip west of Saigon. It's a day trip.  I just leave the country for a holiday somewhere and get a fresh VOA on return.   I travel around a lot , so that suits me.

In this case: If you have three month multiple entry visa you will receive answer: No extend three month single. You only can extend one month single entry.

Well I had no luck, as someone said I was unable to extend "Tourist" visa.  I found a guide that I am going to follow though Vietnam Border Run - Visa
For others with a business visa, just go up the stairs and once you get in there is an enclosed area to the left where you go in (grab a number once you get in) and do the visa application, not sure of costs, but sounds like it is not cheap.

Many on here would agree that not only do they change the rules all the time, but there is little to no communication between the department of immigration and all travel agencies. As an example, I went to three travel agencies today, and all were absolutely clueless concerning the new 12 month visa for U.S. citizens. I had to enlighten them with hard evidence online.

Vietnam Visa (comments above) has given sound information and I confirmed all their comments with other entities today.

Summarization: If you are an U,S, expat living here without presidency benefits on a single or three month single entry/multiple entry visa, you can get the letter here is Saigon ($35) and then bring it to the Moc Bai border. There you can pay the $135 stamp and be done with it. then you have to leave and come back every three months.

Last, the 703 bus from the Pham Ngu Lao station supposedly takes you there for very little cost (source: Mekong Express). Will confirm with everyone here after my visit to the station on Monday.

Cheers.

726dbr wrote:

Well I had no luck, as someone said I was unable to extend "Tourist" visa.  I found a guide that I am going to follow though Vietnam Border Run - Visa
For others with a business visa, just go up the stairs and once you get in there is an enclosed area to the left where you go in (grab a number once you get in) and do the visa application, not sure of costs, but sounds like it is not cheap.

I'm making another Moc BAi visa run next week. PM me if you wanna come along.

Step to get visa at land border. This is great solution.

STEP 1: Pls bring the Approval letter along with you and prepare at least 2 photos of you (passport size with white background) and some cash to pay for Stamp fee later at arrival border

Single entry: 25$ for 1 month or 3 month

Multiple entries: 50$ for 1 month and  3 months, 95$ for 6 months, 135$ for 1 year.

STEP 2: Take a bus to Moc Bai border, bus ticket from 1,5$ - 12$ optional ( see Bus options below at bottom)(*)

STEP 3:  You do exit Vietnam and get the Exit stamp on your passport at Vietnam Immigration Dept at Moc Bai border (Vietnam side)

STEP 4: You enter Cambodia with an Entrance stamp on your passport at Cambodia Immigration Dept at Bavet border (Cambodia side)

Cambodia visa: you will process on the spot and Cambodia visa fee is 35$

Depending on your purposes, you can leave Cambodia right away or stay in Cambodia for a while alternative. Then You do the exit procedure with exit stamp on your passport and leave Cambodia.

STEP 5: You go back to Moc Bai border, fill in the entry visa form, and present the original letter, original passport, photos you prepared in step 1, and pay for the stamp fee and get your visa done. The actual process may take around 15-20 minutes without hassle or trouble.

(*)BUS OPTIONS: Take a bus to Moc Bai from HCMC

Option 1: take a public bus No.703 at Bus station in Park 23/9 (at the corner of Pham Ngu Lao and Cong Quynh street, opposite to Thai Binh Market.

Frequency: 30 minutes/1 bus. And just go to Moc Bai Border

Price: 1,5$/1 way

Option 2: Book any bus at any office at Pham Ngu Lao street (Sapaco is popular one). You can buy it yourself. Be noted that this bus go to Phnompenh

Frequency: depend on the bus company you choose, and it go to Phnompenh.

Price: 10-12$/1way

Suggestion: If you just want to do a visa run and come back right away, you should choose the bus in option 1.

But if you have plan to have holliday in Cambodia to worth your Cambodia visa, you can choose Option 2.

Sorry, didn't notice your until now.  I am in Cambodia as I type this waiting to pick visa up in the morning from Cina Travel.  Got there just after 4 pm so was a bit late for the 2 hour express visa, but will be ready in morning

I ve just help my friend who is from Uk with an agent to do the extension visa for him - 3 month, no need to go to cambodia, n cost around 160$

Great. However you should tell everyone know: Did your friend got 3 month multiple entry?

For sure the agent can get it cause he did get a Resident card 3 year for another friend, but its depend on my friend; just share u guy the experience on that field. I see on this forum, it seems has alots people know everything, but which is the best then u guy have to find down ur way

Can anyone suggest me good travel agency or person to get me approval letter to do a border run (Moc Bai)? Thank you.

Well, the Visa Circus is all change again from 3 months ago, apart from the fact no one really knows what's going on or how much anything is, that hasn't changed, it's still the same free-for-all, unregulated, state sponsored, open invitation to exploit foreigners, that it's been for years. When I saw the 1 year visa for Americans I first thought, you lucky *******, but am I right in saying you have to renew it quarterly by exiting 'Nam???  I think I am, so my envy has ceased completely if it involves what I strongly suspect it does + every bit of which is bad news for the holder, in fact, it's just plain insulting.

First of all, it's billed as 'Multi-Entry', which considering it forces you to leave the country every 90 days, is handy, eh? So, for most folk in SGN you're looking at doing the Moc Bai thing, which, for me, is bad enough once a year, four times, that's a truly depressing thought. The sting starts before you even get out of town, in the shape of the Approval Letter, . This piece of paper, which goes for around $25 - $35*, has one purpose + one purpose only, + that's to ensure the involvement of a third-party, or middleman, which is completely unnecessary + supports this whole industry that 's sprung up over the past few years to cash-in on the shameful visa policy that not only shows a complete lack of respect towards foreigners, but also continues to add to the poor reputation this country has unfortunately developed for itself. Remember, all the confusion + misinformation that surrounds what is truly a farce, is about obtaining a visa for a country most people are already inside!!!!! The most expensive place to get visas for Vietnam is Vietnam!!!!! You pay a middleman to get you a visa for the country you're already in, + there's only one place that could be..................

OK, so before you even leave town you're rinsed, then it's off to Moc Bai. I usually go on the bike but it's easy enough however you do it but I will say this, if you do ride up there I strongly advise you to avoid coming back after dark, avoid it like you would a turd in a swimming pool, if I were you, if you happen to be a bat or some other sonar equipped being  you'll be alright, if not, the ride is a bit hairy by virtue of the fact you can't see past a couple of feet in front of you. I've ridden bikes since I were a lad, but never with my eyes shut, being able to see where you're going is right up there with being awake, as far as prerequisites for riding motorbikes go, certain boxes must be ticked or the fun tends to be taken out of the whole idea. In other words, look at two hours to get up there, another two for the BS, + two to get back,  let's say it's dark by six o'clock, you do the maths. I left at five thirty + got back to mine six hours later, eleven thirty. 'Got back' are the two important words there, but when I said that I 'strongly advise', I meant it, perhaps I might even bung a 'very' in front of that. I can confirm that visas are not required if you're dead*.                                                                                                                                                                                                       
I'll quickly summarize the 'admin' side of the day trip then my work will be done. Small, grumpy, uniformed man in a big booth stamps your exit. Annoying hustlers tell you it's three km to Cambodian admin building, it's 400m*. $35 + one photo gets you a full page visa (one month) for Cambodia. Proceed to the other side of the building to get an exit stamp, possibly thinking you really need to stay a bit longer to get a feel for the place? Walk 400m* back to 'Nam, possibly thinking how much the place has changed since you were last there? More annoying hustlers, no signs, no information, useful, or otherwise, + obviously, no prices of visas, no nothing. Small office with a hatch at about knee height, must get a lot of children, or dwarves, come through but the last time I was there the hatch was closed so I opened the door, what else was I supposed to do???? Another small, uniformed man, unimpressed with my door opening antics, either tried to be an unhelpful moron, or didn't have to, but eventually he gave me the form you need to fill in. You then give him the approval letter, the form you filled in with the same info as the approval letter, plus some other stuff, proving right there how necessary this very expensive piece of paper with your name on it + very little else, really is. I'd rate an air freshener on a motorbike as being more necessary. So, letter, form, one photo, + whatever amount of money, then to the final fence. Another small, uniformed, + particularly odious man this time, who looked at me as if I was something stuck to the bottom of his shoe, before stamping my entry +  welcoming me to Vietnam with a manly hug + a big girly kiss on the cheek! Not really, I got the stamp but the rest I made up...................

In my opinion, it's the only one I've got, Moc Bai fails on just about every level it possibly could, the staff are rude + arrogant, what little useful information there might be is in Vietnamese, one time there were two manned booths, neither had anything in English + needless to say when it was my turn he sent me to the other booth. The number of people whose first impression of the country is arriving via Moc Bai, what is there that  anyone could be in the least bit positive about? It's got a roof, that's all I can think of...............

I saw this new arrangement for US citizens is supposedly based on some kind of reciprocable type of deal so I hope the folks stateside understand the ins + outs + the true value of what we're talking about. Each Moc Bai day trip is at least $100 for the pleasure, for example, but I did say at the start that I'm only going on the way I understand things + the number of people who have a full grasp of the visa scenario is arguable, but it's not many.

Hopefully I've got it all wrong + everything I've said came out of an orifice somewhere at the rear of my body + please don't think I'm knocking the deal out of visa envy, or some other sad logic, we're all in this together + if you American guys + gals were to get some kind of sweet deal it might lead to more?????....................................... we might have a white Christmas here, too???................

S               

* correct, true, there or there about, roughly speaking, something like that but don't bet your house on it!

S,
Check into a 1 year business (DN) visa. I am all in for ~350USD and I am permitted to stay for 12 months (No exits required). Or perhaps I got lucky the last time I entered and immigration incorrectly stamped my passport. 1 year DN visas CAN have a stay of 12 months, make sure you ask/pay for the 12 month stay.
Good luck.

Dear Everyone,

I don't advertise or spam. I only want to share our experiences for everyone to see: Visa at Moc Bai land border:
https://i.imgsafe.org/4722b14302.jpg
https://i.imgsafe.org/4725173232.jpg

. We processed for Mr Kenny on October 13, 2016. Please don't remove this post. This is helpful for everyone who one to extend visa in HO CHI MINH CITY WITHOUT FLYING VIETNAM. Fee is much cheaper.

STEP 1: Pls bring the Approval letter along with you and prepare at least 2 photos of you (passport size with white background) and some cash to pay for Stamp fee later at arrival border

Single entry: 25$ for 1 month or 3 month

Multiple entries: 50$ for 1 month and  3 months, 95$ for 6 months, 135$ for 1 year.

STEP 2: Take a bus to Moc Bai border, bus ticket from 1,5$ - 12$ optional ( see Bus options below at bottom)(*)

STEP 3:  You do exit Vietnam and get the Exit stamp on your passport at Vietnam Immigration Dept at Moc Bai border (Vietnam side)

STEP 4: You enter Cambodia with an Entrance stamp on your passport at Cambodia Immigration Dept at Bavet border (Cambodia side)

Cambodia visa: you will process on the spot and Cambodia visa fee is 35$

Depending on your purposes, you can leave Cambodia right away or stay in Cambodia for a while alternative. Then You do the exit procedure with exit stamp on your passport and leave Cambodia.

STEP 5: You go back to Moc Bai border, fill in the entry visa form, and present the original letter, original passport, photos you prepared in step 1, and pay for the stamp fee and get your visa done. The actual process may take around 15-20 minutes without hassle or trouble.

(*)BUS OPTIONS: Take a bus to Moc Bai from HCMC

Option 1: take a public bus No.703 at Bus station in Park 23/9 (at the corner of Pham Ngu Lao and Cong Quynh street, opposite to Thai Binh Market.

Frequency: 30 minutes/1 bus. And just go to Moc Bai Border

Price: 1,5$/1 way

Option 2: Book any bus at any office at Pham Ngu Lao street (Sapaco is popular one). You can buy it yourself. Be noted that this bus go to Phnompenh

Frequency: depend on the bus company you choose, and it go to Phnompenh.

Price: 10-12$/1way

Suggestion: If you just want to do a visa run and come back right away, you should choose the bus in option 1.

But if you have plan to have holliday in Cambodia to worth your Cambodia visa, you can choose Option 2.

Thanks

Hi 7Steven,
          I see what some of the others are going on about now, I got a new DN visa back in August + there wasn't any 1 year option on the table, I'd have grabbed it without hesitation as I'm sure you did. As it is I'm looking to renew mine for the first time already, so it's back into the vipers' pit for me + maybe I can score a 1 year no BS model + be in your gang?!
Appreciate you letting me know that such a thing is even possible, what about your source? If it's all a bit Jason Bourne, for your eyes only, I get it, if you tell me + then have to kill me I'd sooner leave it alone, but I know people too, I can hook you up with a good bahn mi guy, he's reliable + discreet, 'The Baker'.................
I know a girl you can get crabs from, you probably do, too, thought I'd mention it....
Thanks again,

S

S,

A crab filled banh mi sounds interesting; is it tasty?

Info about different visas can be found Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam (Government website).

http://visa.mofa.gov.vn/NewsDetail.aspx … &id=28

Its available in a few languages, look under the "Information" tab for specifics about visas.

Sent you a message with other info.

Due to this visa situation changing on a regular basis... one could consider the business visa a better option...got mine extended (1st time... in HCMC) for $150. If anyone is interested.. msg me.

I am interested in getting a visa extension and also an approval letter. Which agency can one go to get this done? Does anyone know?

You can call me on xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I did it with vietnamsvisa user, that posted in this topic, and everything went great. 26 USD for the 3 month single entry invitation letter.

Issac.. message me with a phone number and what you require

Hi, have anyone got update on visa situation? Any change since last October? What is the chance of renew current 3 months multiple entries to 3/6 months multiple entries without doing visa run? If needed visa run, will Moc Bai still a good option or it has become popular now and the chance is less?
Cheers!

You can ask for quotes.. just explain when you last arrived in the country, Your Nationality, the visa you have and the expiry. You cannot change a 3 month single into a three month multiple when extending (for example)... only if you leave and come back.

Cheers

Can only extend a 3 months tourist visa by ONE month!

Why you not do bussiness visa or long time Visa , easy to extension after

I'm trying to do the same run , but was told this letter of  approval is a big scam. I'm totally paranoid. I'm not exactly sure what it's for . Sounds like you have checked it out. Other boarder run sites don't mention it. This whole boarder run thing seems necessary if you want to save money. And was told at the dept of immigration that there is no way I could extend. My visa in Viet any more any way. What the hell!

*** You cannot change a 3 month single into a three month multiple when extending (for example)... only if you leave and come back.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please

Thanks for that info. Have decided to do moc Bai run  to extend my 3 mth buy another 3 . But am not sure if this letter of approval is a scam or not.  Have you heard or not.?  Thanks ray

Raymond perri wrote:

Thanks for that info. Have decided to do moc Bai run  to extend my 3 mth buy another 3 . But am not sure if this letter of approval is a scam or not.  Have you heard or not.?  Thanks ray

Sure , It don''t worry for the approval letter sir

Dose that mean that visa letter is required?