Best area in Alicante

Hi we are considering a move to Alicante from Belfast 2017. We have 2 children 8 & 5 and only speak English. My husband will be setting up a
Business and I work in recruitment. We are looking some advice on the best area to be situated in relation to schools etc.
Many thanks in advance.
Joanne.

Hi Joanne & David,

Congratulations on the decision of moving to Alicante. This will be the best decision of your life, if you mingle with Spanish society as well. Hopefully the kids will also integrate with both the international and Spanish community here - it's the best way for them to learn the language :)

I run a business myself and always interested in networking with other entrepreneurs. What is he thinking about starting up? Would love to discuss strategies and viewpoints :)

Looking forward to hear from you!

Let's Get To Work!

Carsten - H&E

Hi Carsten,
Thank-you for the speedy reply. That is exactly what we are hoping for, none of us are Spanish speakers so we will definitely through ourselves in at the deep end.
So I'm it too clued in on exactly what the business is but it will be in the hospitality sector.
What do you do in Alicante?
Do you know the best areas for bringing up children and the best schools?
Many thanks again.
Joanne.

Hi Joanne & David,

I would say Alicante city is the best area, but I have fallen in love with this city / area so maybe my opinion is not the most objective one.

If you are settled on Costa Blanca, Alicante is good for several reasons:

1. Big population with a good mix of both international and national people
2. Close to airport
3. A lot of tourism - heaviest are 4 months in summer time
4. An arrange of schools (private, international, colleges etc.)
5. Some Spanish people speak english
6. Good expat offers and social meet-up groups (based on interest, hobby, passion etc.)

This is my personal opinion and I don't see that kind of life in the other cities up and down the coast, where tumbleweeds dance over the street 8 out of 12 months.

I would say an overall good "landing" in Spain needs to be where you are forced to speak Spanish so you and the kids can learn it fast. It might not be comfortable, but it's needed to learn it. Living in Spain without speaking Spanish is the same as fishing without a pole, and you need to catch some fish :)

Hope it helps - anything else you need feel free to write.

Let's Get To Work!

Carsten - H&E