Common misconceptions and clichés about life in Poland

Hello everyone,

Old clichés die hard, as the saying goes... and living in Poland can generate lots of misconceptions in the eyes of the people.

What are the most common misconceptions about the expat lifestyle in Poland?

What are the most common clichés about life in Poland in general?

Did you have a biased view of the country before moving there? What is you view now?

Thanks in advance,

Priscilla

I think the biggest misconception is that it is a bit backward and poor country. I don't mean to offend anyone. Poland is truly a modern country, just look at Warsaw or Cracow (skyscrapers, huge office buildings), international trade fairs, fashion shows, you name it. The people speak very good English, they need it for business or work.
Before coming here I didn't know much about it, and was worried a bit if I'd been able to find a good restaurant or at least Subway here, haha :) I find the food here e excellent, simply feel in love in pierogis.
Anybody else has similar experiences?

Hey,

It is true poland is very dificult country ,,, maximum salary in poland 300 euros ,,,, Languge bearer 30 percent people speak in english ,,,,,,,,

polish people dont like a forigners it is big problam in poland ,,,,,,,,,, do you want more help so you contact to me my  email address ,,,xxx

take care bye

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct