Looking for friends, I am really bored in Quito

HI, My name  is Matthew  I am English and live in Quito with my wife who is Ecuadorian, I have been  in quito for  a  year  just working  and studing,  the life  is getting  really boring  as I dont  know anyone,  hope can contact with you,  maybe  for go out, or just  share  ideas,  i really  need  it..

cheers..
Matt.

Hi Matthew, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope you get lot of new contacts on the site. Do not hesitate to participate in other discussions on the Quito forum.

ps: you should avoid putting your phone number on a forum.

I wish you good luck :)
Christine

Hi Matthew25,

There is group in Quito - InterNations Quito.
They get together once per month or so.
This month gathering is - Celebrate the New Year! 

Date: Wednesday Jan 12, 2011  18:00
Host: Laura Fähndrich - InterNations Ambassador Quito

you have to go to the internations org and sign up, register for event - you will be able to see who else will be attending.

Hi Matthew25, and welcome to Expat.com !

I removed your mobile number from your post, you should never give it on public forums (you never know who may call you)

All the best,

Julien

Hi Mathew 25,

My husband and I would like to meet other people with similar interests. We have one already! We are expats. My husband is American and I am Ecuadorian, we have a child and live in Quito.
Send us a message.

heeey english man,am alone hear in quito,living near avenue collon,close to plaza foch,if u dont mind i am a greek one,dont hesitate to reply...cose i am feel boring too...leo

Matthew, I will be arriving in just a couple weeks, and I would LOVE to meet with you and talk to you.  I am marrying an Ecuatorian myself, I arrive in early February, and will be in a very similar position to the one that you are in.

Drop me a line if you want.  TY!

Hi Matthew, wouldn't mind getting together.  I hope me being single isn't a problem.  Most of my friends in Canada are all married.  Tell me when and where you'd like to meet.  Maybe a whole group can get together.

hey Matt

I'm Allen from London, and was wondering if you still around in quito and reading or writing on this forum, please make contact, as i would love to make few new buddies in quito, shall be in quito from march 20th 2012 onwards.

look forward to a response

Allen

Hi Matthew
I'm single, from Waterloo Ontario and am in a place called Carapungo which is Quito at least that's what everybody keeps telling me. I'm here until the end of April and then going to Peru.  I'm certainly not bored here because I have 5 students that I am teaching how to deal with back neck and knee pain.  I found that getting rid of peoples pain free they become instant friends.  I don't know how much Spanish you know, but with what I could show you and the abilty to speak spanish I'm sure that being bored would be a thing of the past.  Also getting around without a car is something that I could help you with.  I've been here since July 2011.
Contact me if your interested.

ukylukey

Hi Matt.
I am from Quito. Usually on weekends we hang out with my sister there ('Cause from Monday to Friday I live in Guayaquil). We can introduce you some places or people if you want. all the best... let us know...

Hi, I realize your post is quite old, but I'm moving to Quito to marry an Ecuadorian but he will be in Galapagos a lot of the time - I anticipate I am going to want to find people to talk to eventually to keep my sanity.  I have a young child which will keep me very busy but I am interested in at least making contacts with people!  Please let me know if you are still around and I would be interested in hearing about your experience!

Hello All,
I just moved to Quito to be with my fiance, but I am so bored having nobody to talk with or hang out with, and my Spanish is only so-so. I would be happy to meet other expats and make some friends.

Hi, I'm Allen from London - England and its nice to meet you.
I have been Quito for just about a year and my Spanish is rubbish
Only managed to pick up few words.

If you like you can get in touch with me.

Allen

Hi Allen, I would love to - how do I get in touch with you?
Bill

Hello everyone I am Ecuadorian!
arrived in Quito in two months. want to have foreign friends
that can help me with my English. because now is a bit low
I speak Spanish. Ukrainian (Russian - intermediate)

There is the so called International Language Exchange which meets every Thursday evening at 6:30 in the building known as Plaza 2000 on 12 De Octubre about a block north of the Swissotel on the west side of the street. There are usually Americans, Germans, Canadians and several  English speaking Ecuadorians. Mostly English is spoken ,  Most Ecuadorians show up to practice their English. It's a good group and my wife and I made several friends there in a short period of time. Most of them are fairly well educated of various backgrounds.