S pass appeal

Hi. I am currently here in Singapore and I am waiting for my appeal in rejection of my S pass. Previously, I hold E pass (salary under the table) but I got an offer to a bigger company for S pass. I passed all the interviews and the employer asked me to resign in my current company, so I did because I'm desperate to have that job and I trust the employer because it's a big company here in Singapore. Few days before my last day, the application rejected due to salary issue which I mentioned earlier, my Epass salary is under the table. The new company offered me 2,100 for S pass which was rejected. Now, I keep on checking the mom website the status of my appeal but it always appears 'NO RECORD FOUND' and it only appears the status if my previous Epass which is cancelled. I called the employer but she said I just need to wait for the result. My problem is, I don't have a job right now and I only left less than 3 weeks to stay here. I am not sure if the employer really applied me or send the appeal.
I hope someone can get in through me. I really need advice. Thank you.

After reading through your message, one thing I could say that you had played a high risk game looking at current market condition where thousands of people lost their jobs in this year alone in Singapore including citizens n PRs. If you were so desperate for a new job then you should have waited your pass gets approve then same day you can put your paper.

But as it had already happened then no point to discuss.

There are two options you may look into:

1. Wait for response of your appeal which look like more or less will get rejection unless you are addressing cause of their rejection then chances may vary. You may check with new employer if they can give more details of appeal so you can check with MoM but normally they don't entertain candidates directly rather provide the result of the appeal to the employer.

2. If you are a good performer in your existing company and have a good relationship with your line manager then you may request them to reconsider your candidature for the role which you were doing well. And tell it was a tentative mistake done at your end which will not happen in future. They may reconsider looking at your past performance n relationship with your line manager and at worst case may offer you a contract.

One thing I'm still unable to understand how an EP holder salary is less than $2100 (as you have mentioned the new employer offered you $2100) as for an EP holder the basic sal starts at $3300, or am I reading wrong here? If you are an EP holder then you must be a graduate then how come your new employer applied for S pass (may be due to salary factor I recon)? Cause based on graduation certificate you only be offered an EP as S pass are issued for diploma certificates or for under graduate certificate holder or your graduation is not recognised by MoM. But your graduation certificate was recognised earlier that's the reason you had EP. So, there are few above points you only can answer and who knows your pass rejection may have fallen either of any issues. Good luck

The minimum salary for S-Pass is S$2200 now. Your application was probably rejected because yours is only S$2100. No appeal will change that, only a higher salary!
The only way to find out if your new employer has really applied (and appealed) is by contacting MoM. Unfortunately, the online system is not always up-to-date, especially with appeals - but you may call and ask.
I assume you currently have an SVP that was given after cancellation of your EP? This SVP is not extendable. So if it runs out before the current processing is completed and you have the S-Pass (or any other visa), you MUST leave Singapore (and you cannot come back immediately, e.g. on a day or weekend trip to Malaysia). Overstaying or trying to circumvent the visa rules can destroy your chances for a new visa!

Thank you for the reply Sir. My first EP was processed by employment agency and my salary declaration is of course higher than $3,000, but I don't actually received that certain amount. This is one of the reasons why I resigned from my previous company.

Anyways, my main concern now is how am I going to find out that the company who offered me S pass really applied the pass for me. Cos as I've checked in the MOM website, there is No record found and it only appears the status of my previous Epass which is "cancelled".

I am really depressed and I'm not sure of everything right now. I tried to call the Hr but she said she will update me once there is an update regarding the appeal.

jess51216 wrote:

My first EP was processed by employment agency and my salary declaration is of course higher than $3,000, but I don't actually received that certain amount. This is one of the reasons why I resigned from my previous company.

This is illegal and will get you into deep trouble (incl. deportation and a ban from ever working in Singapore again) if it is found out.
You should not have agreed to do this!

jess51216 wrote:

Anyways, my main concern now is how am I going to find out that the company who offered me S pass really applied the pass for me. Cos as I've checked in the MOM website, there is No record found and it only appears the status of my previous Epass which is "cancelled".

As I said, you can call MoM to find out.

And by the way, may I ask if how many times can the company make an appeal? And would it possible for them to apply a Work permit for me?

Thank you for the reply Sir Beppi.

Only one appeal is allowed.
WP is a completely different category, meant for low-paid manual workers. As Surya said above, with a recognised degree you should have an EP and nothing else.

Good morning Sir. I need some advice please. I already called the MOM few minutes ago regarding the status of my application but the officer told me that she is not allowed to disclose any information regarding the application. And then she advice me to check with the employer. Regarding the error appeared in the mom website (NO RECORD FOUND) she said there is a possibility that the employer didn't make the application at all. I called the employer but she said I need to wait and if there's an update, she will call me. Is it possible for the big company here in Singapore to lie in their applicant?
Thanks for the reply.

I certainly don't think that employer lied you regarding appeal of your pass rejection.

As previous message Beppi already advised you to speak to employer to appeal the case by revising your salary level ($2,200) to the minimum threshold to eligible for S pass. If they didn't apply earlier, then you should discuss with them and appeal with subject change to your offer letter or else result of the appeal will be the same as you are not eligible for S pass with salary offer of $2100. Good luck