ı dont wanna believe

dear all,
ı just heard today when ı was talkıng to a friend who visited colombo that there ıs no proper cınema saloon in clombo, ı want to belive that this is only a city legend, ı appreciate if you can tell me the truth..
thx

Hello terracota :)

This discussion has been redirected to the Colombo forum for effective networking.

Regards

Hi there Terracotta, when you said 'Cinema-Salon' I just took a quick look at your location ;) Nothing like that available in Colombo or anywhere else in Sri Lanka.I've been to some great places in Istanbul myself but Colombo's not yet gotten around that concept. But it's full of new experiences nevertheless.

dear Mary,
thanks for your message, great to hear that you were in Istanbul! so you do understand my concerns..
I am sure ı will have good time in COlombo, only thing that the closer I am to leave Istanbul getting a bit sad , but I will leave all negative info behind and embrace the new life :)
I added you as a frined, I hope you accept it!
thaks

dear Sean,
thanks for your comforting comments, I wil also come with my film archive in case :):) joking :)

Colombo has some of the best knock-off DVD shops around. You can pick up a good copy of some of the most recent releases for about $1.50 or the local equivalent. Just get them to play the DVD for you at the store before you buy it. They got the classics, then stuff like all the seasons of 'nip-tuck' 'Greys anatomy' 'CSI' and the list goes on. :) I'm not encouraging movie piracy but when in Rome do as the Romans do ;)

hehehe, you are right Mary! so will take your advice!

Trust me hon you'll enjoy Sri Lanka as long as you know what to look for and where to find it. xo

Moderated:
Post has been flagged as controversial:

Clarifications here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=64360

In the past week I've been to most of those places you mentioned and there are no such rules in place. It's not only safe and secure but the authorities are doing a lot over there to make it as hospitable as ever.

Hello everyone,

Don't you think that this thread is going off-topic? :/

Way off topic :)

I saw a cinema saloon near to office in Dharmapala Mawatha street. :)

Go easy on them, they did'nt mean to stray. Plus it was useful info.

are people still threading here?