Tyres for my car

So... should I get a new set of tyres in Bahrain or in Saudi?

Anyone know the best places to get these fitted in either Bahrain or Khobar? I have a set of Toyo brand tyres which have done really well considering the car is 3 years old and has done 55,000km on them. I don't want Pirelli's but I do want a decent brand.

Any suggestions?

Not sure about the best place, but I got a set of Pirelli's - I know you don't want them - from the tyre shop at the petrol station next to Alosra supermarket on Budaiya Highway and they were the best deal I could find. Mind you I didn't try any of the places down Janabiya Highway, which might offer a better deal, just not sure I'd be too confident about the provenance of the tyres :/

An ex colleague of mine got his done in Khobar and he reckons they were much cheaper, which I can believe, but I didn't want the hassle of having to bring the car over to get it done in Khobar. Unfortunately can't recall where he said he got them done, but one of the company drivers told him where to go, so you might want to check with your company's transportation department to se where they would recommend.

Good luck.

that's a great reply thanks Mythril. I think I'm happy to get them in Bahrain. I'll try that place on Sunday and see how I get on. I'll report back if I remember!

No problem and good luck. You'll need to do a bit of haggling, but l found the guys there more than willing to do a deal👍👍

suburbansam wrote:

that's a great reply thanks Mythril. I think I'm happy to get them in Bahrain. I'll try that place on Sunday and see how I get on. I'll report back if I remember!

Sam,

Was just wondering if you managed to get sorted with your tyres?  :unsure

Cheers.

no not yet. I've been twice to that place near Al-Osra and they have both times been unable to find the sizes required and promised to contact me. They never have. I think I might just ask Mazda to do it during the next service.

Hi Sam,

Sorry to hear that, they were spot on when I used them, but in the same way as they always caution about investments, things can go down as well as up  :mad:

Cheers.

typically tyres are cheaper in Saudi than Bahrain but quality of service is usually better in Bahrain.
I find RMK tyres and Tyre Plus (both in Bahrain) to have very good service and well priced tyres.
Just last week had tyres changed at RMK in Juffair  :top::top:

Closest RMK branch to you would be in Salmabad ;)

ah... thanks for that. I'll check them out as well as get a quote from Mazda (same area-ish)