Pension tax

Hi I am trying to get a straight answer to my UK state pension if I move to malta.
I claim state pension at present as I am 68 and live in UK if I move to malta next year and have my state pension t ransfered to malta each month will I be taxed on it this is state pension not private thankyou

You are taxed on all monies you earn in Malta or remit to Malta from  the UK other than from capital.
You are obliged to file a tax return in Malta and the personal allowance is fairly low but the good news is you can offset tax paid in the UK against you liability here under the dual taxation agreement.
We have all pension etc. paid in to our UK banks and transfer only what we need to live on, any flights or on line purchases we make are paid from our UK accounts so we then do not need to transfer the money to Malta!.

Ray

Thankyou so r u saying if I carry on having my state pension paid into my UK bank and draw when I need it I won't pay tax on it
I have no intention to work in Malta or UK it's just every site I go on keeps mentioning 35 percent tax I'm sorry to be so thick I even contacted the international pensions they couldn't answer my question thankyou

Take a look at

https://ird.gov.mt/services/taxrates.aspx#2016

Which gives current year allowances and rates.
I think the basic state pension will attract very little tax.
35% starts at around 60K Euro.
Ray

Thanks ray much appreciated
Malc

I think that what Ray is saying is all money into Malta, via bank or card use is classed as income for tax purposes. There are some exceptions, I saw somewhere today that savings transfer isn't counted. Keep your spare cash in UK bank and only move what you require.
I get my state in March next year, wife already gets hers but am hoping for little or no tax liability.

Malta isn't yet a tax haven.  ;)
Ray

carmadmalky wrote:

Thankyou so r u saying if I carry on having my state pension paid into my UK bank and draw when I need it I won't pay tax on it

If you bring it here by any means like ATM or transfers etc. and it's like your regular income (even if you don't work) it's taxable here on the mentioned scales

If you don't bring it here. It's not taxed.

Exception is if you bring a big chunk of savings to maybe buy a house. Not taxed either

Thanks ray