Nanny Services

Am beginning a nanny service, and just want to get some of your expectations you require of a nanny as they come to work for you?

Rice, I have been a nanny for 2 families herein Nairobi; one with a handicapped 9-yr old boy, and the other with a 93-yr old man. That's why your issue interests me.Could we talk more? Maybe we could be of help to each other.

Regrds,
Naomy

Naomy1, yes i would love us to talk. I would love to hear you experience and know how we can change the nanny services here in Nairobi, this is my desire. Talk to me.

Morning Rice, Im naturally very playful and usually children just win my heart. Its this attribute that earned me both of my jobs. "Nanny services" is a very diverse concept; from babysitting, caring for the old, for the handicapped, the sick, the young, among many.  And to be honest, nanny services especially in Nairobi need some "polishing" if you allow me use that word. Im glad to have come across you, and I pray and trust that we can do something about this.
Besides these jobs having earned me some good income that actually saw me clear my college degree, they also have shaped my perception towards life, and have made me appreciate life and what it brings with it, even more.

[email protected] is my email address; please keep in touch and let's talk more and perhaps see if we could meet and exchange more on one-on-one, since you are in Nairobi (?)

Naomy

Am glad you got in touch. I love the word polish coz we really have work to do on that my dear. I understand the nanny service is very wide but 1st i want to start with building a foundation of trust for both the client and the workers.

do u hv a client who needs someone to work for her/him  as nanny i got one mama 35 years who needs this job

Rice, I havent come across someone looking for a nanny. Will inform you if I hear of one. Im personally in search for someone in need of a nanny since the last family I worked for as one moved to Stockholm in November last year.

We are in touch with them though so that if they hear of any Swedish family here in Kenya, in need of a nanny, they will recommend me.

Dear Rice,

Have you started your services?

We at Dafina Housekeeping Services (DHE) we recruit and select suitable and qualified domestic housekeepers to meet the staffing needs. We also train, equip and empower employees to provide quality skilled human capital to cope with the evolving workplaces and fast changing skill-sets required in home management or domestic housekeeping services.

From the onset we realised that, as you say, nanny services need polishing. Therefore even though we do recommend nannies based on their former employers' recommendations, we don't offer nanny training as the subject needs a carefully thought approach.

We would love to know the services you offer in order to recommend some of our clients to you.

Regards,

Angela

Rice, did you start the nanny service? There is a nanny service dedicated to do just that- create a reliable and trustworthy nanny service in Nairobi. Check Kenya Sitters Enterprises, the email address is [email protected]. I'm sure they would love to hear from you...

cc: DAFINA

Hi Rice, I would like to work as a nanny. How can i contact you?

My expectations of a nanny:
-100% honest, 100% of the time - this a person with access to most areas of our life and is in a position of responsibility.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Able to read and write, as some of the role will involve stimulation via reading and writing.
- Able to properly supervise the child/children.
- Returns to work after time off at a pre-arranged time.

Hi. Good to read about the service you are about to start. I am a professional nanny in Kigali but coming back to Kenya soon. I am working for one of the ambassadors who is about to leave. I have trained in Home Economics and i have a diploma in Early Childhood Education from London. In case you hear of someone who wants nothing but a trained professional - with good references , please get in touch on +254720009232 for more details.